Having Problems with Run RS on Windows

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Sportsmaniac1322, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've been trying to get my iPod Run RS ready for a few days now, and so far have been unsuccessful. Whenever I try to flash the NOR only, iTunes won't let me restore, putting my iPod in an unusable state, causing me to restore with a normal IPSW. So far I haven't seen any directions on how to make a full IPSW that's RUN RS ready, and I think if I had one it would solve most of my problems. I know it's illegal to post the IPSW here, but are there any instructions on how to make my own?
  2. zhalox

zhalox New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've been having the same problem; however, you probably didn't have to do the full restore, you could have just done this:

Edit: btw what errors did you get? I've been getting "Error (6)" in iTunes when trying to restore the custom nor-only firmware.
  3. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's the same error I've been getting, which is why I'm wondering if there's a way a can make a full IPSW and restore with that. I'm sure that would work.
  4. zhalox

zhalox New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Actually this morning I just got it to work. I tried killling the iTunesHelper.exe, and I think that might have fixed the Error 6, although I'm not entirely sure.