Having problems with RUN RS on a Mac. (I know, another annoying restore question)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by treminaor, Mar 3, 2009.

1. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I hate to be one of the people that ask these kind of stupid questions, but I don't know much about RUN RS and am unsure of how to figure out this problem. I was using johnnyfranks67's Mac RUN RS Jailbreaker, and was following the program's instructions, and when I tried to restore to the run_rs.ispw, I got error 21. I have retried the entire process 4 times, and every time now since error 21 I get error 6. I went back to the thread (http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152103&page=1) and it seems he has removed the program from the thread. (Great....). Anyway, I have decided I want to go back to what I had, since I haven't even done anything to change my iPod yet. But apparently his app or iTunes put my iPod into a restore mode and every time I boot my iPod, it takes me to the iTunes restore screen. How do I get out of this and back to my original tethered? Surely I wouldn't have to restore a perfectly fine firmware install to fix this, right?
  2. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S

Hi, i removed the program due to bad programming. I fixed up a new version and i will be happy to help. do you have ichat? i can do it for you via screen share if you want.
  3. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the reply.

I'd rather just do it myself with your new version. Just gimmie some quick instructions or something and the program, and I'll be able to figure it out.
  4. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I'll PM you