having problems with boot logos

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by andybno1, Apr 18, 2008.

1. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

ok so I want to use pwnage more than winpwn just for the custom bundles but I cant for the life of me find a working boot image, I do like the ones here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=478526&postcount=24 (psd inc in post) winpwn accepts it and works fine but pwnage rejects them upon adding during building ipsw.

any help would be appreciated
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

Ur boot logo must:

1. Be under 100kb (i think)
    2. Be 320 x 480
    3. Be .png
  3. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

well as you can see I aint the creator of these, I have tried doin the psd in photoshop to what has been suggested but pwnage (mac version) is rejecting them
  4. Dafreakzo

Dafreakzo New Member

I got the same prob, the images are exact to a "t" and should be working, pwnage says that they are not proper
  5. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    2. less than/equal to 320x480
    4. must have an alpha channel

to do this in photoshop, choose the save for web option instead of just saving and choosing the png format. when you save for web, choose png-24 and check the transparency box.
  6. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

did that too but pwnage was still having none of it

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9724/photoshopay4.jpg

everything correct there?
  7. iAlexander

iAlexander New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's probably the gradient background that Pwnage doesn't like. Try removing it. If that doesn't work try replacing the default logos inside of the Pwnage application.
  8. themartini

themartini New Member

What do u mean it has to be in alpha chanel

And do u not how i can conpress my boot logo so it is 100kb not 300kb that it is at the mo
  9. basketballler77

basketballler77 New Member

Getting any image on bootscreen

There is a way to get any size (byte wise) boot screen you want on there. All you have to do is go into the PwnageTool app and replace the logo.png that it uses with your own png. It always trusts it for me. But, if it is over 100 kb it will usually appear corrupted if there is any transparency, so replace any transparency with black. But, I have found sometimes that it will not accept it at full screen but at 318 by 478. If you ever have problems with a fullscreen image, try resizing it to just a few pixels less.
  10. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    in this case, i believe that the alpha channel is the channel in each pixel that keeps the transparency information. the other three channels are your normal R-G-B.

not sure about how to compress your image further to get it to under 100kb.

you do not have to create a space that is 320 x 480 in size. for instance, if your logo fits in a box that is 100 x 100, then that's as large as it needs to be. you don't have to create a canvas of 320 x 480 just to place the 100 x 100 image inside it. i believe the logo will be automatically centered, and any transparent space filled in with black by pwnage.