Having problems with Books.app

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by trivialbass619, Feb 12, 2008.

1. trivialbass619

trivialbass619 New Member

Running on jailbroken 1.1.3. I have all sorts of eBooks downloaded, but none of them are showing up in Books.app. I'm assuming this has something to do with access to root being limited in 1.1.3. Anyone have any suggestions for a fix?
  2. Pezmaster1

Pezmaster1 New Member

allipodhax symlink fix

Please Register or Log in to view images

should work
  3. trivialbass619

trivialbass619 New Member

Nope, still not working.
  4. Slider

Slider New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Im having the same problem with the Books app
    When I try and install the Symlink fix I get an error saying Main Script execution failed.

Any Ideas what that could be?
  5. drxenon

drxenon New Member

As a possible suggestion...I followed the manual steps of getting ~/Library and ~/Media setup as symlinks to /var/mobile/Library and /var/mobile/Media. After that, my iPhysics and Books items still did not show up and I saw in a post in that thread that permissions needed to be set to 755 and then RESTART the iphone/touch. When I did that, I was good to go. I'm not sure what else to say about the installer.app package...but if you go the manual route, be sure to change permissions on the iPhysics and EBooks stuff (chmod -R 755 <whatever>) and RESTART the iphone/touch.
  6. poisonjam

poisonjam New Member

.........................................................................(\_/)
    *Zones out* turns around *huh what did you say* (>'_')> <<<<<- lol took like 3 min
    .......................................................................("o")("o")
  7. OuTkasT

OuTkasT New Member

Books problem

Don't just set permissions on the eBooks folder, but set them on the Media folder (the eBooks
    folder is in there). Worked for me...