Having problems jailbreaking my 3rd gen iPod Touch!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by PockyObsession, Jan 9, 2010.

1. PockyObsession

PockyObsession New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I got my 8gb iPod Touch for christmas and immediately wanted to jailbreak it.

I have tried to with blackra1n but it doesn't work. It does everything normally up to the point where I get geohot's face on my ipod screen. It just stays there for about 3 seconds and then goes back to the home screen like nothing ever happened. Blackra1n says its jailbroken and itunes pops up like it should, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
  2. flipboi2damax

flipboi2damax Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    did you click on the blackra1n app to download cydia and such?
  3. A Moist Towelette

A Moist Towelette New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do you even have the blackra1n app on your home screen?
  4. PockyObsession

PockyObsession New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, thats the problem. It doesnt get installed into my ipod touch no matter how many times I try D:

I don't even have the blackra1n icon in my ipod touch! >_< How many times does it take for this to work anyway?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    So yeah I tried jailbreaking it again today and it seemed successful but I still don't have a blackra1n icon on my ipod touch.

Curious, I turned it off and waited a couple seconds and turned it back on. It gave me the itunes icon with a usb symbol. It stayed like this until I put blackra1n on again, then it went to the home screen like it should when its jailbroken.

So, my ipod touch is acting as if its jailbroken, but there is no blackra1n icon anywhere to be found inside it. Can anyone explain this???

Please Register or Log in to view images