Having problems getting music onto ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by aNDy01, Dec 30, 2008.

1. aNDy01

aNDy01 New Member

Hi
    I bought the son an ipod touch 8gb for christmas on ebay stated as new , came in mint condition screen covers and stuff still on it but it had been named so I knew it had already been used(version that was on it was 1.1.5)
    So next step I searched for best program for putting music on it and downloaded and installed Ipod to PC and was able to get a couple of mp3s on to it working fine . In the meantime I'm getting these upgrade your itunes and software so I'm thinking must be some enhancements here so I updated itunes to 8.02 (did have 7.7 installed) then registered and bought the 2.2 software upgrade everything installed fine lost the couple of tracks I had on it but I guessed that would happen anyways I tried to put some music on it again with Ipod to PC program seemed to transfer the file ok, looked on the ipod but no sign of it then I open itunes and it would'nt recoqnise the ipod and said it needed a restore, which I did and it returned to normal. I tried to load a track on about 4 times and I kept having to restore it. So I bought a track from the store and it worked fine. Then I tried downgrading the software again, tried about 4 versions but I could'nt get it to restore to an older version it just kept locking up on me. So my question is will he only be able to buy tunes from the store and not load any of his own music on to it. Sorry my first post is a bit long winded but I have spent hours on this already the past four days and I would really like to get his christmas present up and running for him thanks for your help
    regards
    aNDy

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Soon as i found out that he said it was new and it wasnt i would have got my money back. Paypal covers purchases under £500

And No idea. Sorry Good luck
  3. aNDy01

aNDy01 New Member

kenbiro:
    I probably would have returned it but it was Christmas eve and it looked mint although it might still go back yet if I ca'nt get this problem sorted out thanks for the reply
    regards
    aNDy

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. BoOzt

BoOzt New Member

Ok, so u can buy music and put it on the ipod. But u can't take music u already have but it in itunes and then sync them to the ipod? Have i getting it right?
  5. ysavas

ysavas New Member

Music button doesnt respondsomeone help me please