Having huge issues connection to wireless

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tylerr, Nov 3, 2009.

1. tylerr

tylerr New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello, So I am pretty new to the I-pod touches. I had the nano 3rd gen but that is not important. So today I revived my touch 3G and It was going great! Until the internet played a part into this; my Linkseys router dose not like my touch one bit; I tried connecting to my friend's network's worked great! Until I try to connect to my home network. When I go into wi-fi networks and click on my home one all I get is my ip adress and Subnet mask

Tried calling apple and linksey no help one bit.
  2. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it's either iPod or ipod. im even fine with itouch or iTouch. not Ipod and definitely not I-pod. sorry it really annoys me

Please Register or Log in to view images

all i can say is that my iPod touch worked fine on my linksys router....idk how to help you.
  3. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've had problems too, worse than with my 2G. I also have a Linksys router and have no issues with outside, public routers - just at home.

The best (temporary) solution I've found is to unplug the router, plug it back in, and restart my computer. For a while, the iPod will connect easily.

There are several pages in this thread that offer solutions, maybe one will help (it is a sticky in the iPod Touch Tech forum)

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42331

here's another set of solutions: http://ipodtouchtricks.blogspot.com/2007/12/ipod-touch-wifi-wireless.html
  4. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Does your router send out Wireless N?
  5. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^thats a good point. check on that.