Having a few problems with my repo

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Bang!, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Bang!

Bang! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hi guys

I need help with a repo of mine. For privacy reasons I won't be giving out the repo information here. However, I will state all the problems I'm having and if you think you can help me you can reply back here or send me a PM and we can work it out. I'm also available on Skype, MSN etc.

It is a popular repo though, so you could probably figure it out by the problems I'm listing here

Please Register or Log in to view images

- I'm just not good with the technical side of this thing

1. My packages never stop updating. If you install anything from the repo it will then come up on the "Changes" menu ready for an update. Even if you update it, it will still be there - so it's a constant cycle. Does this have anything to do with my Packages file? Everything in there is listed as Version 3.0.1. Also, sometimes the packages you download from my repo that constantly need updating will add themselves to your queue. So whenever you go to install anything else, my packages would need to be downloaded again and again - which is completely unacceptable

I think someone will need to inspect my Packages file to check for errors I may have made. The "com." string in each package could be wrong

2. Each package you install will return this error. "Error: Running Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)" although the package you installed will actually be installed and available for use. Despite the error message

I think those two are the only issues I'm facing at the moment. If you read all that and you think you can help me that would be amazing. I'll have to give something to whoever figures this stuff out!
  2. timberwolf9

timberwolf9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    1. if you are on Linux, just rebuild your packages file and repack it into a packages.gz, thats what worked for me.

2. is an installer error, a hard reset might clear that, dunno tho; I have never gotten this error myself but have heard alot about it...