*haveing problem installing blackrain*

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SUBLIMESOUND, Oct 12, 2009.

1. SUBLIMESOUND

SUBLIMESOUND New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    HELLO
    I RECENTLY UPGRADED TO 3.1.2UPDATE I DOWNLOADED BLACKRA1N
    AND RAN IT HERES MY PROBLEM
    I RUN BLACKRAIN A PROMPT COMES UP DURING RECOVERY TO RESTORE IPHONE, WHEN I DO SO HALF WAY THRU A PROMPT COMES UP SAYING
    ***UNKNOWN ERROR OCCURED UNABLE TO RESTORE***** IPHONE SCREEN IS STUCK WITH (ITUNES USB PICTURE) BUT THE MESSAGE ON COMPUTER READS THAT MY IPHONE HAS SUCCESSFULLY BEEN JAIL BROKEN ,
    I HAVE TO REBOOT MY PHONE AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS EVERY TIME I TRY TO THIS

YOR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Old Crow

Old Crow New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Ignore the restore prompt thats from iTunes, its trying to undo the jailbreak.

Let Blackra1n run and then turn your phone on. open Blackra1n from the icon and DO NOT install Cydia and ICY together its a really, really bad marriage. Cydia works very well.

If I were you I would start by restoring the iPhone from a freshly restarted computer (no garbage hanging in memory) Stop iTunes after the restore and then run Blackra1n.

After the iPhones shuts down and Blackra1n says its finished turn on the phone and run Blackra1n from the icon. This has worked well for me.

Hope that helps
  3. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

is your iphone 3g if so I had the hardest time using blackra1n
    not sure what steps i did got it to work but was up all night and this is what i did
    hope it helps i know blackra1n puts your iphone in dfu mode but for some reason it wasnt working until i manually did it

what i did was
    complete restore . restart iphone delete blackra1n download it again restart pc.
    copy blackra1n to the c:drive when you run it right click it and run it as adminstrator
    but first follow steps 1,2
    1. disabled all virus protection and firewall
    2.turned iphone off and pluged it into pc
    3.start blackra1n " you will see waiting for iphone
    4.hold home and power [manually put in dfu mode]
    5. when you see apple release power keep holding the home button until you see
    George Hotz's picture then release home button