Have you realize this yet???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by roxanaroxi, Aug 3, 2009.

1. roxanaroxi

roxanaroxi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so i was just thinking that if they put a camera and mic on the ipod touch 3g it'll be basically an iphone but without phone,if u buy the iphone without a plan doesnt it cost like $400???so i dont think they'll put a camera on the ipod touch maby a mic but idk,apple is not going to bring up he prices because then nobody will buy it am i right or wrong??
  2. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well they wont have to bring up the prices, because you will pay for fw updates, there is no phone hardware so that reduces cost. Also they may put the iphone 3g camera in the ipod touch 3g, to make it dif from the 3gs, this will also make it cheaper. A microphone also isnt that expensive at all, and they probs wont have the voice processing chip in it.

Or everyone could be wrong, and it wont have a camera or mic, but i can see it probably having a mic, but a camera, im not sure.
  3. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Erm, i think many have realized this... long ago. :/
  4. evanmrules

evanmrules New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you guys are all wrong. knowing apple and Steve Jobs, he will walk out and tell the croud that they have cured AIDS... and also camera and mic <3
  5. trophynuts

trophynuts New Member

..hmmm so if it has a mic on it ...u won't be able to download skype and us it as a phone..without having an external mic?

i realize this would only work also if you was on a wifi network.
  6. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Yeah Same here !!
  7. xcdjy

xcdjy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Every time I try to convince myself that it is unlikely that they'll shove a camera on it, I get stumped by the same question, "What else would they put on it?". I mean like, as a good selling point. If they just make it faster and add a mic, no-one would buy it.
  8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If they left out the camera, then I would expect a hardware GPS to be thrown in there.
  9. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I personally don't think that Firmware Updates will bring Apple a large amount of profit. If you were a company in desire for money, Why would you lower your chances for it? Would you, as a company, Bring the price's on the device up (Which will mean people will HAVE to pay for in order to receive the device) or would you rather just have them pay for a $10 dollar fee, Which around 30% of the user's will try to illegally receive. It doesn't seem to me like a very wise decision.

Also, These camera assumptions have gotten WAY too old. Plus, Everyone is assuming, If Apple is going to put a camera in... Then why not add the Microphone too? My question is, Why?

Let's break it down here. The iPhone has practically been one of the most amazing phone's in history. It has amazing features that other phones try to impersonate.

Then there's the iPod Touch. Practically the iPhone's younger sibling that wishes to be as great. Everyone loves the iPod Touch, Just not as much as the iPhone. It has similar features, Yet it still is completely different than the iPhone. Now, Why in the world would Apple give the iPod Touch the feature's of the iPhone.

Adding a Camera and Mic would pretty much make it an iPhone, Just without the "Messages' and 'Phone' icons. It just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

Bottom line is, People have to widen their thoughts a little bit. Think outside the box. April and March of 2009, Would you have expected Apple to give the iPhone a Digital Compass, Voice Control, Voice Memo's, And keep the same design? Of course not. Not many people saw it coming. The new iPod Touch will most likely be COMPLETELY different than what everyone is assuming it will be.
  10. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    The only reason Apple would put a camera and a mic in the iPod touch is if they think they can get some money off of 3G ipod users buying Apps for the camera and mic. And they can.