Have you insured your IPOD for accidental damage

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nigel2smooth, Sep 10, 2010.

1. nigel2smooth

nigel2smooth New Member

I never normally take out accidental cover, but as the IPOD is so small would give it some thought. It seems here in UK most companies I have been looking at online charge around £4 per month.

Quick question, How do those insurance companies know that the item is in working condition. For example, could someone not take out cover after they damaged thier IPOD. The sites I was on seemed to allow me to sign up right then.
  2. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    does apple offer this?
  3. andyy714

andyy714 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i have best buys 2-year accidental plan. I think it can be renewed
  4. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    get apple's apple care for ipod touch. its 60 dollars and saves your ipod for two years from purchase date. the great thing about this is that appe ipods in my experience and in friends tend to lose battery power after about a year, even if it was never jailbroken. if you buy this you can bring it to your lcoal apple store and simply exchange for a new one. also if usually covers all hardware defects (note: you breaking your screen by sitting on it in your back pocket does not count.) and anythign that fails. also, if you use the apple headphones, it works with those too. if they break, which they are known to, apple will give you a replacement pair. you can buy it within the one year limited warranty period that you are already provided. i have not bought one for this new ipod touch 4th gen, but i am planning on it. i jsut don thave the money right now.
  5. nigel2smooth

nigel2smooth New Member

How do those insurance companies online know the product is not damabged before the insuance is took out. They dont seem to require you to show them the product.
  6. mush

mush Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    im not... im pretty careful of how i handle small devices like this and where i put it
  7. mangakjd

mangakjd New Member

I would go for SquareTrade's warranty if they cover you in your country. This is what I got with my iPod Touch. It is cheaper than Apple's 2-year warranty, and I'm covered for 3 years, with accidental protection. The 3 years is inclusive with the 1 year limited apple warranty though. If anything happened during the first year, they would contact the manufacturer first, and if they don't do anything to repair your device, SquareTrade will automatically send you a free pre-paid shipping label for you to ship your device to them to fix/replace. If they can't fix it, full refund of the item's cost.

Better if you do get accidental coverage. You never know what could happen. Unless you replace your ipod touch every year, then get a warranty.
  8. spockers

spockers New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I got the Best Buy plan, and it covers everything my 4-yr-old could do to it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The way they know it's not damaged, at least in Best Buy's case, is you have to purchase it with the device.
  9. filipk7

filipk7 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I got the Best buy Black Tie Protection it was $70 but it covers cracked screens and water damage
  10. djohnson

djohnson New Member

I've heard of Square Trade from ebay but does that coverage even work? They assure you of a lot but I've read horror stories about people actually trying to be compensated for their damaged devices.