Have you had any problems after you used the new version of quickpwn?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by HOLLOWRAZER, Sep 22, 2008.

1. HOLLOWRAZER

HOLLOWRAZER New Member

i recently jb my ipod touch but im having problems these problems thats why I'm asking this because every time i want to back up my ipod touch, i get a error message that i cant be backed up because ipod was disconnected but i can still see and put stuff on it, and my second problem is that if i turn off and turn back on my ipod touch every thing get wiped off but not the apps i put in it.

if you had similar problem or new problems plz tell me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jshames

jshames Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    It sounds like you need to restore to a "clean" unjailbroken firmware 2.1 and forget about the jailbreak. Use Itunes shift-restore to do this.
    With 2.1 you have to ask yourself if you have a really good reason to JB. 2.1 all by itself is very stable and fast, and with the app store you have lots of possibilities to expand. If you really must have a jailbroken unit I would go back to 1.1.4 which was fairly stable even jailbroken.
  3. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

I used morphey's quickpwn and ended up with no cydia so I had to resort to restoring with a newly made pwnagetool custom firmware
  4. Simondude56

Simondude56 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

If he wants it jailbroken then he can jailbreak it. Just restore and re-do it again.
  5. r1dePrkCty

r1dePrkCty New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The new windows quickpwn worked flawlessly for me.
  6. HOLLOWRAZER

HOLLOWRAZER New Member

lucky i already tried to rejailbreak it and still have the same problems.

7. jshames

jshames Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    While no software is perfect 100% of the time, I think that the number of reports of problems should give us pause. We can't blame the owner each time for doing something "wrong". There are only a limited number of possible configurations for an ipod, its not like the PC world with millions of different drivers and versions and settings that can give problems. Although I am not a programmer, I believe that there is something in the JB process that changes the firmware code to a degree that it affects the stability, and the OS is being required to do something it wasn't designed for.

Of course its a free country, he can JB if he wishes, and maybe it will be more stable when a later revision of Quickpwn or WinPwn comes out. Who knows, maybe I'll even try it out then, but right now I think its just a collosal waste of time, just to save a few dollars on ***** apps and to use themes.

Just because you can do something it doesn't mean you should do it.

8. onyxd

onyxd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    find the mobileinstallation framework for 2.1
    this will solve the backup problem..
  9. brainstorm

brainstorm New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have updated with Dev team's quickpwn and till now havent faced a single crash. It works perfectly as of now(Prays to God and hopes it stays like that). But when I was using Morphey's version, I had lots of trouble. My firmware used to crash, songs used to disappear and apps wouldn't start.So I did a clean restore and waited for Dev team's jb

10. bandit605

bandit605 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It worked perfectly for me. Had it jailbroken in less than ten minutes =]