Have to restore and JB Help!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by laz305, Apr 11, 2008.

1. laz305

laz305 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ok here is my situation, when i activated my 16GB it asked me if I want to restore from old 8GB I said yes (saves time adding contacts again manually) but after that i forgot to sync contacts to iTunes (i know I'm an idiot)
    My question is when I go to restore now I'm assuming it will ask if I want to restore to that again (I hope) can I or do I have to restore to a new one and lose all my contacts?
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I think it will ask you to restore from a backup of your iPod NOW, i.e without contacts.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The iPod should backup your contacts from Address Book(mac) or whatever you use in Windows for contacts. It doesn't matter which iPod or iPhone I connect, I just go to info and select the contacts I want to add to the device.
  4. laz305

laz305 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i'm on an iphone btw, no my main concern is that when it comes time to sync i have no contacts saved cuz i forgot to check that dam box. the only time i think i'll have a chance of getting them back is on restore. so can i restore to old iphone like i didlast time if it asks? and another thing i'm having really bad battery life (probably from not charging more than 8hrs when i 1st got it) should i restore + jb it 1st then charge or charge it 1st?
  5. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Charge shouldn´t matter, either way.

But your Contacts should be on your computer in whatever main app is used for them.