Have I undone my Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by treblefff, Feb 11, 2009.

1. treblefff

treblefff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I followed the tether jailbreak guide without a hitch... at least as far as the bit where my ipod touch was seen by iTunes and had a white screen with the Apple + USB Symbol.

iTunes asked me to restore before I could access iTunes so, I clicked restore and let it do it's thing.

My ipod though, seems exactly like it was before (eg not jailbroken), only difference is all my apps & music gone (as I expected).

Have I been stupid? How can I tell if it is still Jailbroke or not and assuming I messed this up, when I do it all again and I am asked by iTunes to restore after the jailbreak, what folder do I go to to access the backup? (the one I made before the jailbreak process)

t.i.a.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Anyone? After the jailbreak, when you have a white screen with the Apple + USB Symbol and iTunes tells you you need to restore -what do you do? I think I set mine back to factory by mistake -where is my 'pre jailbreak' backup stored on the pc?
    Please, can someone help -a lot of you have clearly successfully done the Jailbreak.

When you got to the stage at the end of the jailbreak, when you first had the Apple Logo & the USB symbol with iTunes nagging you to restore -what file did you restore? where from?
  2. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You have to shift click restore and find the jailbroken iPod software you made. Just rightclicking is restoring it to 2.2 or 2.2.1 or we you orig were on
    Edit: it's a good idea to save it in the folder you have the jb j . Some place easilly accessable.
    Hope I helped
  3. treblefff

treblefff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay I did everything from scratch, I get to the final stage where I have an Apple Logo and an image of a USB cable. The device is frozen on this...

Someone here said if I saw the logo + symbol then I was just in Recovery Mode and NOT DFU mode. However, the guide states this:

"If you're unfamiliar with DFU mode, you can put your iPod into it by holding the power button, then sliding to power off.
    Hold both the home and power buttons for 10 seconds (count in your head, it should be fine if you're off by a few seconds).
    After 10 seconds, release the power button and continue holding the home button for 15-25 seconds.
    Your screen shouldn't turn on, but your device should be recognized by iTunes as being in recovery mode."

If Recovery Mode isn't DFU, then why this contradiction?
  4. MeowMixer

MeowMixer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Don't press restore! just wait and try putting it back into DFU mode! Unplussing my ipod and plugging it back in after i'm in DFU mode helps usually.
  5. treblefff

treblefff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Tried that a few times, iTunes keeps saying it has detected an ipod in recovery mode.

I'm getting nowhere

Please Register or Log in to view images

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8 hours of HELL!!!!!

Why am I getting stuck at the end with an Apple Logo & an USB cable image on my ipod?

Why do you guys tell me 'DFU Mode is NOT Recovery Mode' yet the guide says iTunes will say your ipod is in 'Recovery Mode' if you are doing it right?
  6. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DFU and recovery are the same thing dude.
  7. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It'll say your in recovery mode if you're in DFU or recovery mode.