Have I fudged everything up, switching iTunes libraries between computers? :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JackWH, Oct 27, 2009.

1. JackWH

JackWH New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey everybody,

Righto, first, the good news: I recently sold my website last week for $4000, yay! So, I bought a MacBook

Please Register or Log in to view images

The bad news, is, today I got it and realised I had to transfer my iTunes library from my crappy Windows machine over to the new MacBook. I thought about everything but with a reasonably large library DVD backups wouldn't be practical. And I don't have a portable hard drive either.

So I thought about it, and then it hit me: Home Sharing! Yay.

I set up Home Sharing across computers and imported all my files over to my new MacBook. Several hours later the process was complete.

I authorised my new computer with my iTunes account, too.

So now I plugged in my iPod - and it gave me the standard warning about "Your iPod can only be synced with one computer" etc. I had the options to cancel, 'Erase and sync with this computer' or 'Transfer purchases authorisable by this computer or something'.

Realising everything was already over on my new MacBook, I synced afresh. This worked perfectly, no worries here.

Here's the dodgy bit: When clicking on the 'Applications' tab of my iPod in iTunes, 'Sync Applications' is unchecked. When I try and check it, I get the following message:

"Are you sure you want to sync applications? All existing applications on your device will be replaced by the applications in this library" (I paraphrased a bit but you know what it means).

Now I wouldn't have a problem but this morning, I must confess, but I finally managed to unlock Insane Mode on Minigore.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Does this mean that if I set Applications to sync again, all my apps will be reset? :'(

If so, what can I do? If not, is it safe just to start syncing apps again?
  2. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im pretty sure it does keep the save data
    because ive acidently deleted ganster so many times and ive never had to start again
  3. JackWH

JackWH New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, thanks for the advice.

Could anyone back this up?