Have any of you " thought" about the iphone after buying touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by luvs2touch, Oct 31, 2007.

1. luvs2touch

luvs2touch New Member

I certanly have, and i might even, for all the added functionality, it has everything the touch has, but a phone and other cool stuff,

- well i know you can get the apps on IpT too, but i dont have a cell and it would be good for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

have any of you thought about going iphone now, after buying a touch?..or you went touch cause u dident want the iphone?..

- btw, a question for you iphone wiz, these automatic software unlockers i see, can apple like go over the unlock in an update?..or once its unlocked..its unlocked?..

-thanks
  2. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

I haven't because I don't want it to be a phone. I go out clubbing and I don't want a 400$ phone in my pocket that's gonna get grinded on and pressed against. I'd rather keep my expensive toy at home and take my regular crappy phone with me then

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

I'm thinking about it. I bought the touch because the phone still isn't out in Australia...we should get it sometime next year...but the carrier still hasn't been decided.

The only reason I would buy it is to save me carrying a touch and a phone around. My phone is quite bulky as I bought the nokia communicator so I could have everything in one unit. At the time it seemed like the iphone wouldn't ge to Australia for years so it was the next best alternative imo. Now having got used to the ultraslim touch..the phone seems huge. I realise the iphone is thicker but it would be alot thinner than my current option.
  4. arkady

arkady New Member

No, I have no need for an iPhone. What I do need is a fully-functional, non-crippled iTouch with an email client and a PDF reader, just for starters.

Yeah, I know all about jailbreaking, but I want to wait and see if this stuff is going to come from Apple in a supported, "official" version first.
  5. iStealth

iStealth New Member

The touch does enough for me and I already have a smart phone that does everything else. besides not until the iphone gets a faster data connection (outside of wifi hotspots) like EVDO or 3G.. Not gonna happen.
  6. n88n

n88n New Member

makes me want one... yes. Not sure I would ever pull the trigger though as I am pretty hard on my phones and I think I would break it. I keep the touch very safe and I am careful with it, and I really do not take it out of the house much.

i guess maybe if I found an amazing case for the iphone that protected it but did not hinder it.

Also edge network sucks and so does a bigger monthly cell phone bill. I am in front of a computer most of my days and nights so not sure I need that extra stuff in my phone.

I do love my touch though.
  7. Lyrad

Lyrad New Member

I agree with some of you. I'm also gonna wait until there is a "better" iPhone out. It needs to have a better camera, a faster data connection, a more reliable service provider (AT&T is just not that good, at least where I am) and more space (16GB might not be enough, if it replaces my Ipod as well).

If Apple fulfills all of these, I definitely get one. It'd be everything you need: a phone, a camera, and a pda with cool gadgets. Let's see what the future will bring..
  8. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

Why do you even bother getting such an advanced and expensive media player then? The whole point of it is to take it out of your house. You can play movies/music, watch photos and surf the web at home so what's the point of getting a touch then?
  9. dogman

dogman New Member

i agree... i'm now carrying my iPod Touch and my Treo 700w (Verizon). Verizon is a LOT better than AT&T for both voice and data. I also use instant messenger, Scrabble, etc. When iPhone opens up to 3rd party apps (legal) and has a better network, i'll get one.
  10. n88n

n88n New Member

first off my ipod touch was a gift and it did not cost me a thing.

Second I am not a 15 year old kid hanging out and skating with my friends all day. Unfortunately I am an adult with a house and family to support. M-F i drive to work and come home, no time there for PMP's.

At night I work on freelance work and enjoy listening to music while I work. I enjoy using an Ipod as to not eat up system resources on the PC.

Sometimes i travel for work and the ipod is great for traveling, but i just do not find situations where I would be out of the house "playing". If I go to a buddies house i might bring it as my friends love the touch.

Honestly I have not used the wifi features much and mostly use if for music, playing NES games(right now Zelda), and watching Diggnation episodes.

So no I do not carry it with me everywhere i go and every day. If I know that I have a use for it then I take it with me. otherwise it stays at home where it is safe.

I can appreciate what you think a device is "made for", but maybe you should let people use their devices the way THEY want to...

Isn't that what jailbreaking is all about?