Have a PayPal account but can't use iTunes?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Nawaaz91, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    BURN THE THREAD IF IT'S BEEN POSTED BEFORE!!!

anyways, you all should know that Apple won't let PayPal be used as a payment.

PayPal though has some sort of nifty feature though. Now, be advised, do this at your own discretion. I tried this out right now and bought Translator.

if you go to https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_vdc-plugin-intro
    and click on Mac user?, PayPal has this thing called Secure Card. Basically what it did was create a one-time use virtual debit card or a multiple use virtual debit card.

I then went into my iTunes account (which had no payment option before) and selected MasterCard and I put in the card number and the 3-digit number (PayPal generated it, there is no card).

I bought the App "Translator" and the money got deducted from my PayPal. Keep in mind you can terminate the card, too.

if you want to try it, go to https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_vdc-plugin-intro and click on Mac user? , then continue, then go to the left hand side and click on Secure Cards. There'll be options to generate a virtual card once you get there.

as for flames and such, close the thread if i'm breaking any rules...i'm just trying to help out with others.

ALSO...remember that the primary source of the money comes from YOUR paypal account...the secondary is your bank account or wherever else you get your money. I presume this is if your primary source runs out
  2. Ruud91

Ruud91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    W00000000t thank you so much, now i can finnaly buy m.o.t.e.s.
  3. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    also,i realized that it doesn't immediately take out the amount from PayPal, but your PayPAl balance is the one that's used to pay. I keep track of how much I spent by checking my total purchase history so I don't go over my PayPal balance....cuz I have like $10 in there

Please Register or Log in to view images

PPP
  4. Ruud91

Ruud91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    too bad it doesn't work for the Netherlands

Still no m.o.t.e.s. , I just want this app so bad.