has this ever happened to ayone else?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zack24790, Jan 19, 2009.

1. zack24790

zack24790 New Member

i have now been working on jailbreaking my 1st gen ipod touch 2.2firmware for over 2 days now
    i have finally figured out why quickpwn keeps freezing after i put it into dfu mode and i thought it would be helpful to post this so other people dont have to go through wat i did
    if you have a fairly new mac and you have downloaded quickpwn 2.2 but it keeps freeezing after u put it into dfu mode then its beacause of your mac.
    im not sure why but it stops quickpwn from continuing. this wont brick you or anything but it will piss u off (i know from experience).
    so i have now switched to my pc but when i plug my ipod in itunes reads an error that says "this ipod could not be used beacause the apple mobile device is not started" but i know for sure that it is. my conclusion is that beacause itunes cant connect to my ipod quickpwn cant beacause the first green arrow that iam supposed to click on doesnt turn green
    it stays gray and wont allow me to click it

Please Register or Log in to view images

any and all help is MUCH appreciated
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Use the PC and make sure 2.2 firmware is on the desktop when you run Quickpwn
  3. zack24790

zack24790 New Member

the probllem is not with my 2.2 firmware bundle i cant even start quickpwn cause it wint recognize my IPOD
  4. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try putting your iPod into DFU mode (by holding the hom,e and power buttons). Even if it is already in DFU mode, hold those buttons down and put into a fresh, manual DFU moe, then try connecting, restoring, and giving quickpwn another go.
  5. Kanye

Kanye Banned

here the rani starts again with another thread.

one love, its u zach.baby ur awesome
  6. Zacho

Zacho New Member

hey just to let you know quick pwn is for windows users not lepard users thats why
  7. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)