Has the end of my IPod touch come?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by c4liforniacation, Oct 5, 2010.

1. c4liforniacation

c4liforniacation New Member

Hey so basically I have a IPod Touch 16gb 2 generation (about 3 years old) , and today when I was using it, it randomly froze when it was trying to connect to a Wi-Fi network. When it froze, it just turned off, now when I "attempt" turn it on, it ONLY shows the Apple logo and turns off again. Also I charged it the night before, probably around 50-60% battery left before it freezing. Things that I tried...

-Holding the power button, but only the Apple logos shows up, brightens a little, then blacks out again.
    -DFU mode does NOT work, I tried holding the power and menu button at the same time (when plugged in and out of my computer) then after 10ish seconds releasing the menu button. Just turns black again.
    -Plugging it to different computers, iTunes does NOT recognize it, nothing happens. It doesn't even make that sound when you plug it in the computer.
    -I cannot restore it or anything like that, because iTunes or my computer do NOT recognize it.

Overall your help is much appreciate, whether my IPod Touch is dead or not! Your advice and tips will hopefully solve my problem ! I just want to know if it's time for a new one, or not!

Thanks!

PS - Will any 3rd party program or anything that I can download SOME HOW "force" DFU mode on my dead IPod Touch?
  2. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do you know that DFU mode is supposed to be a black screen?
  3. yojalata

yojalata Member

Well..one of my friends had that problem.. I fixed it but it will just happen again for some reason.. The only way I found on fixing this was not giving up on the DFU...You will have the same results over and over, but you HAVE to KEEP trying because after restarting and trying to get on DFU iTunes will recognize it and you'll just need to restart it.
  4. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  5. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

wOW THAT STINKS IDK WHAT YOU CAN DO SINCE IT WONT GO INOT DFU MODE ANYWAY IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE 1 3 YR OLD 2ND GEN? LOL
  6. c4liforniacation

Ahhh thanks for the link tanktan38, hahaahaha well now I know the difference. Anyways so I just tried restoring it, and it showed the iTunes+Plug image! But after that a pop-up occured from iTunes saying that it wouldn'y let me restore it for some reason...ahhhh I have no idea why, so I tried DFUing, but that just did nothing...sooo I'm assuming its dead :/? I guess I'll do what Yojalata told me, retry, retry, retry...
  7. JKJones

JKJones Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Just to make sure your not using a tethered jailbreak are you?
  8. c4liforniacation

Nah, completely clean, never Jailbreaked it :/...I guess its time for the IPod Touch...4 GEN??
  9. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    No.
    This happens a bunh of times on my 2g so I just use my friends computer. Then it works.
  10. sudadoda

sudadoda Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Poor ipod touch. I hope that never happens to mine. I don't know what I would do in this situation. Since you never jailbreaked, though, you might want to try calling apple and see if they can help or give you a new one or something like that.