Has it always been like this

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by marko, Mar 14, 2008.

1. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    For someone coming new to the ipod touch scene, JBing the 1.1.2 was not only so easy, it was also so universally accepted that the way to do it was through the 1.1.1 Jailbreakme.com-Oktoprep method. I know before that people were doing it with the 71step thingy, but the question is, when those one-step methods came out was it like it is now with the "fiasco" over the 1.1.3 and now 1.1.4 JBs.

i guess what im saying is, im sticking on 1.1.2 for now cos of all the problems people seem to be having. So do you think we will ever get a "universally accepted" working way of doing the 1.1.4 or the 2.0 software?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Restore to 1.1.4, install ZiPhone and click the jailbreak button! Done!
  3. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

ditto

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ziphone 2.6 works like a charm.
  4. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    doesnt seem that way from the threads with people still having probs. so your opinion is that ZiPhone will become accepted as being THE way to do it?
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    By the time you get around to trying it I'm sure there will be a new method.
  6. Dloader Girl

Dloader Girl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If it proves to work on ALL ipods, then it may be the 'universal jailbreak' you're looking for. =) Unfortunately already there are people who get the SPammin At error...
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

No.
    • When the Dev Team announced their 74 step JailBreak, we were all excited and jailbroke as soona s possible.
    • Next came a batch file that did all 74 steps, and that was a lifesaver for most that couldn't complete the 74 step method/
    • And ocne again, the Dev Team blew us away with jailbreakme.com, the one touch JailBreak.
    • And all was well, until the Dev Team announced that they had JailBroken 1.1.2 before it was announced. Most people were happy with how easy it was to upgrade to 1.1.2, but others were furious that it wasn't a one touch website solution.
    • And then, the Dev Team jailbroke 1.13, which was leaked by Nate True.
    • After kicking Nate True off ot the team, the Dev Team let him back one. At which point, he released the Dev Team's Soft Upgrade before it was ready. It seems he forgot about the iPod touch sompletely.
    • Then the Dev Team finally came out with their Official soft Upgrade which worked for everybody. And all was again well.
    • Then, completely out of the blue, Zibri, who was on the Elite Team (which split with the Dev Team a long time ago, but recently rejoined with them), took the Dev Team's 1.1.3 JailBreak and released in his name before it was ready.

Now that we have that history lesson out of the way, we can conclude that going from one very easy JailBreak method, to now five different incompatible jailbreaks. That is what is what caused the commotion.

Hopefully, when 2.0 comes out, the Dev Team will release their jailBreak, and this entire 1.1.3, 1.1.4 debacle will be a thing of the past.
  8. omgvinnyd

omgvinnyd New Member

i slaved pver my a$$ for ziphone to work for my 16 and now it finally has a new update for the 16

i feel just greattttt