Has anyone used a clean brillo pad on the back of their IPOD T ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JuniorNA, Oct 9, 2007.

1. JuniorNA

JuniorNA New Member

I heard that instead of doing the brushed aluminum look with the sponge...that some people have used cleaned and washed out brillo pads and swirled it on the back of the ipod touch. I heard it makes a pretty good impression on the back, and almost looks like an art decko rendition of swirls on metal. anyone have done this or have pics of this? or links?
  2. f1n3

f1n3 New Member

3. crawdad62

crawdad62 New Member

That's a pretty decent idea. I collect watches. Most of them are diver watches with heavy stainless steel case and bracelets (watchbands). Being that these watches are used more as a tool than jewelry they most often brushed instead of polished.

That being said they still get scratched sometimes. I can attest to using a scouring sponge. I recommend the Scothbrite pads. They're green and you can get them just about anywhere.

Again that's a excellent idea. I may do that to mine when it comes. I'm curious about the screened printing/logo on the back. I'm sure it wouldn't survive a scrubbing?
  4. gimchi

gimchi Member

Device:
    iPad
    I did my 30gb and my 16gb touch and the screen printing is still very visible.