Has anyone tried the FiiO E5?

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by lilaz_boi, Apr 20, 2009.

1. lilaz_boi

lilaz_boi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nope grr. But I know who does have one. The user migui. I'm not getting one since generall comments apparently say it just increases bass for my IEMs, which I don't really need.
  3. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Naw, you got the adjustable screw

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. migui

migui New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Pretty good sound for the price is about right. It won't really be night and day but expect to hear a subtle to a moderate SQ improvement. If that really doesn't work out all that well, hey, at least you got a louder volume output for your DAP, right? lol. Also, lotsa things to consider like how it synergizes with your gear, what your gears are and so on. Take Chung for example, he did some research and found out that the e5 wouldn't really synergize well with his ie8. I myself have moved on to the RSA Predator and it totally kicks the e5's ass. But I still keep it for the ultraportability. Sorry for the long post. LOL
  5. gavinfabl

gavinfabl Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Got my fiio e5 this morning. Simply it's amazing and makes a lot of difference to all my headphones. Plus it's small and very portable. The only negative is occasionally with my iPhone 4 you get rf feedback. I have used it with my iPod Touch 2g and iPad as well.

My Sennheisers HD 415 - chalk and cheese difference. They came alive. More detail and punch and deeper bass.

My Denon AH-C751 once had a retail price of £150, now available at £80. These are bad boys with bass dropping down to 5hz, and I didn't expect the fiio to make any difference. But boy it did. Better everything.

The other thing I found was that I needed far less volume on both headphones.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And yes there are better amps but not for the size ie portability.