Has anyone noticed...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by themoonglows22, Jan 3, 2009.

1. themoonglows22

themoonglows22 New Member

I don't know why but I had an iPod mini before and had nothing on it. Now, with my iPod touch, I feel like I need a case and screen protector or my iPod will break, even though my mini took quite a few spills and never broke. Has anyone noticed that apple is making their products feel more fragile and in need of protection? They're also making you buy their ripoff accessories(see my AV cable thread)
  2. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well it probably feels like it's more fragile because the Touch is much more expensive than your iPod mini, it's thinner, and it ways more. So if you drop it, there's a better chance of you breaking it.
  3. wordlife6272

wordlife6272 New Member

thats true.. it mite be because of the ipod touch's feeling, its expensive.. i wouldnt want to drop it
  4. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

It solely depends on how long you've had your device. If you just bought it, it's natural that you handle it carefully.
    I've had mine for over a year, and I kinda mistreat it... doesn't feel fragile at all

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. themoonglows22

Well I have had mine for about 9 months and only had 2 big drops. The first was with no case, and I got a few scuff marks, but it was also down carpeted stairs. Then I got my belkin leather folio and dropped it again, this time from my hand, 4 feet off the ground, in the case. It didn't protect well and the iPod basically hit and tumbled. Now I'm stressing out over a new case, unlike I was over my mini, which I didn't care what happened to it. This is what I'm trying to say: apple is somehow making me care more for my gadgets!!! Oh well, I ordered a 6 dollar cozip off amazon
  6. ZBrown98

ZBrown98 New Member

I have a belkin leather folio and I dropped it and it was absoulutely fine. I recomend one to you. Another one is a silicon case which are also very good
  7. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I think it also is the thickness of the iPod touch, it feels so fragile and thin.

Those minis were tanks, they took serious damage, I miss that about mine.
  8. yuyaera

yuyaera Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well yeah I had the iPod nano but got stolen and now I only let people I trust play with it and I have like this cleaning addiction I have clean it like every hour lol
  9. themoonglows22

Yeah, I clean mine neafter nearly every use(especially if I am at home) and also, I with all ipod backs were made of the same material as the new nanos and minis, it's more durable
  10. beebop

beebop New Member

Ripoff accessories?

If you mean protection then nobody makes you get apple branded stuff... i got my protector skin from eBay for 0.99p i've actually dropped it loads too and haven't yet got a scratch.... for full protection, get a £3.99 hard-case from eBay, and a 0.99p screen film protector... that's £4.98 for saving your £160 + device from breaking.. .how hard was that?