Has Anyone Mastered PocketGuitar yet? If so I have an idea!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by fr0z3nic3, Feb 5, 2008.

1. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Have you mastered the use of the PocketGuitar application? I know its pretty much like playing a normal guitar, but I had this idea.. Someone thats mastered it should make PocketGuitar Lessons on YouTube.. I think this would be interesting especially for someone whose never played the guitar before.. I think it would be an interesting experience if they were to learn how to play the guitar on an iPod.. I know it sounds silly, but we gotta face the facts here, the only difference between PocketGuitar and lets say a Acoustic Guitar, is the way its held.. Thats the only difference I can see, and also PocketGuitar is held in an uncomfortable position unlike an Acoustic Guitar which I think makes it that much easier when you do eventually start to play a real Guitar.. So, if anyone is up to the challenge I would like to see this happen.. Post your opinion in this thread please..

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol, if I started playing guitar on pocket guitar I would never want to play guitar again its such a b*tch to play lol

PS I play real guitar, and pocket guitar is really annoying for me
  3. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Lol yea, thats why I'm saying it would be more for an inexperienced guitar player, because once you've gotten use to the position of a normal guitar, theres no way your gonna play PocketGuitar..

4. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thing is, people might be put off trying real guitar because pocket guitar is so hard to play

5. link_08

link_08 New Member

but anyway if u still like guitar, having pocket guitar on a pocket computer still awesome, i know how to play guitar, and i;m still i cant ge alone at all playing but i love it and since i;m one of afew person with a jailbroken 1.1.3 around my neighborhood
  6. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Well I'm sure a lot of things were hard your first couple times trying it, but when you practiced it you always got better at it, right?

7. ydoucare

ydoucare New Member

You wouldn't be able to learn how to play a real guitar by using PocketGuitar. The majority of your time spent learning to play guitar is building coordination with your fret hand and picking hand. You can't learn this on an iPod. You may be able to learn a few simple chords, but the way you hold the iPod compared to a guitar is not even close.

Not to discredit PocketGuitar or anything, it's a fun app, but not really useful as a real-world learning tool.
  8. michigan033

michigan033 Banned

Yeah i tried learning how to play pocket guitar but it was a b*tch
  9. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Picking wise I can see your point, but the positioning of PocketGuitar is much more complex that is of a real guitar.. What I'm saying is that once your done learning basic chords on PocketGuitar it would be quite easier in positioning to stroll into real guitar..
  10. Carnage

Carnage Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have been playing guitar for 7 years and this app is pretty hard the main reason is because its hard to get you hand around the itouch and you cant feel which string you are on.