Has anyone had this problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Silentbob1978, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Silentbob1978

Silentbob1978 New Member

Hi All

First time poster

Had my ipod touch since day one and I have started having trouble with it.
    When I watch any videos on the touch it will pixelate then freeze then continue with no sound. If I pause it and go back to the menu then restart the video it works fine for about 10 mins and does it again. Also about twice in say an hour long video it will restart the ipod mid video (ie it goes to the black screen with a white apple logo.

This is doing my head in as I love my ipod but its very frustrating

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I have seen this a couple of times. The pixelation even transferred through the cables to the television, so it is not the LCD screen. It has only happened to me a couple times, and always the same spot n the video. I am thinking that it is a video conversion problem, rather than an Ipod problem. But my issue could be different than yours.
  3. Silentbob1978

Silentbob1978 New Member

Thanks for responding

doesnt seem to be one area of the screen as it all freezes. also the reboots concern me. The video conversion is through 3gp converter and I have never had this problem up unitll two days ago plus it worked with my old ipod (30gb one)
  4. Stigern

Stigern New Member

I got some purple fields in my Youtube player, and on the movies I converter.
    But a poweroff and poweron solved my problem.
  5. Silentbob1978

Silentbob1978 New Member

can anyone help
  6. deadpencil

deadpencil New Member

I get this all the time.
    I watch a lot of video podcasts and they will freeze and then crash out to springboard. It appears to be that the iTouch cannot handle small video file errors properly - they play fine on every other device I own.
    I have 2 iTouches (week 37 and week 42) and it does it with both of them in the same places in the videos.

The only work around I've found is to quickly pause when the image freezed and skip ahead 5 or 10 secs in the video.

I'd love to find a fix for this as it drives me mad sometimes!
  7. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    This has happened to me once or twice, but I restart mine and it works fine. That happens to my touch rarley.
    Silentbob1978, im pretty sure your ipod is defective. You can try to reboot your touch and if that doesn't work try a hard restore.
  8. deadpencil

deadpencil New Member

This isn't a hardware fault, it's a software issue and it's related to Windows Vista and/or nvidia drivers.
    As I've said above, this happens on both my ipod touches.
    After contacting apple about this they said they are aware of the problem. They didn't mention a fix tho...