Has anyone had any experience with Anticrack?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by bamhm182, Jun 10, 2009.

1. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I was bored and looking around for better ways to protect my apps, and I came across Anticrack by Oliver Drobnik AKA Dr. Touch. He's only asking a one time fee of $15 for it, as apposed to other apps like Kali, who is asking an arm and a leg.

I looked around for a little while trying to find a cracked version of his apps, not for illegal usage on my part, but just to see if it actually worked. It looks like it does because the only application of his that I could find was LuckyWheel, which I'm assuming he released before coming up with Anticrack and thought it'd be pointless to implement it afterward.

So my question is, has anyone used it? If so, does it seem to work for you? I should be getting some money from my mom because I got straight As, and if not, I should be getting birthday money soon enough, so I'm curious if it is worth it. I have to say, it does seem very tempting.

EDIT: I asked Oliver what was up with LuckyWheel and he told me that it is just cracked into a demo version, so the cracker thinks they're getting the full version, but really only getting a lite version of it. Seems very much worth the $15 now that I know that.
  2. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    or maybe nobody wants to ***** the apps because they are lame?
  3. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just do the preventing of cracks yourself. Write your own code. Save the money.

Learn the way hackers do their stuff, understand it and prevent it.
  4. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

Considering Apple has decided to reject people for using the only TRUE way of preventing memory dumping, I'd say don't put too much time into writing your own.

Hopefully they'll come around.
  5. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    At least writing your own is better than paying for something you don't know.
    And yeah, Apple should find another way to do their approval process or whatever their reason is to reject this.
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Write your own protection. You'll just have to remember to be smarter than both the hackers and the Apple reviewers. It's not all that difficult if you put some thought into it.
  7. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The hardest thing with this topic, is you can't just openly discuss it, as the crackers will see it and sooner or later, crack it.