Has Anyone Ever Heard of Palit?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Teslanaut, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I was reading an Article on Ars Technica just now, and they were talking about ATI's new 4800 Series of Graphics cards. When I went to see the Benchmarks they had for Crysis. They had Nvidia and ATI On there. But what was strange to me, was the other Graphics cards: Palit 9800 GX2 and Palit 9800 GTX. Here is their chart of sorts:

Please Register or Log in to view images

The Palit cards out performed both ATI and Nvidia by, what I think, a LOT. When I went to Wikipedia for Palit, there was a really small entry:

What I thought was weird is that they manufacture BOTH Nvidia AND AMD/ATI Graphics cards yet their own cards outperform the Industry Titans. Their own website even offers DRIVERS for the AMD/ATI and Nvidia Cards.
  2. sirtooshort10

sirtooshort10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I wonder how much they cost, and if they'd work in our computers.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think it would, since ARS Technica tested it out with their own computers. And they make AMD/ATI and Nvidia Cards.
  4. sirtooshort10

sirtooshort10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I'm looking at prices right now, and there actually fairly cheap.
  5. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Thats weird. hmmmm.......i need to check this out.......

*suspicious*
  6. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  7. This is not supposed to be a commercial. It may come off that way but really it is just an FYI for the original poster and for anyone else who wanted to know more about Palit. If you have more questions please send me a PM as I do not want to derail this thread. I saw a google alert and came to this forum to help answer this question.

Palit is the 2nd largest graphics card manufacturer in the world for discrete cards. While AMD and Nvidia build the graphics processor, it is other companies that design and manufacture the board, cooler, etc. Palit owns a whole host of other companies like Xpertvision and Gainward, and has many regional brands. Currently Palit has 60% of the Chinese market, 40% of Europe, and moved into North and Latin America at the end of last year. Palit makes both AMD and Nvidia based graphics cards. In fact, Palit may make boards for other companies (while those relationships with competitiors are private) so you may own a Palit built card.

In terms of ranking, Intel is the largest graphics maker because of the chipsets it makes with graphics (integrated graphics). After that there is the OEM market where there are some large manufacturers but they make nothing by staying close to cost. (We call that the race to zero as you have high revenues but show very little profit as your costs are just as high... others call that the Wallmart Syndrome).

After that there are the real makers where Asus, Palit and MSI take 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively based on total graphics boards manufactured. In terms of purchasing, Palit is the largest single purchaser of Nvidia graphics products and 2nd for AMD/ATI products (Second to Sapphire).

If you need any more info, please PM me.
  8. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

I love Crysis, because I have a computer that can handle everything on high

-but no, I've never heard of "Palit"...
  9. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

I have a Palit graphics card running on my computer.

It's running most of my games extremely well (like perfect), but I've never played Crysis.

Time to stroll on over to Mininova