Has anyone ever failed at JB'ing a 2g running 3.0 on a Mac?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by CheshireMac, Aug 15, 2009.

1. CheshireMac

CheshireMac New Member

Hey folks. I'm getting frustrated with my jailbreak attempts going nowhere on Vista, so I'm going to try my luck with my roommate's Mac. It seems there's quite a bit of stuff I need to d/l in order to get it done, but I suppose it's less work than I've done on this machine.
    I'm curious though: Has anyone had any heartache with jailbreaking on a Mac with 3.0?
    Thanks for any tips, if any.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. catboy756

catboy756 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It worked for me just fine.
  3. CheshireMac

CheshireMac New Member

Great! So how's it done now that 3.0 is out? Same way? I'm only seeing the tutorial dated back in the winter.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay . . . I'm pissed. I've tried this a thousand different ways, including using a Mac with both 0.7.2 and 0.8 Redsn0ws . . . the Mac is stuck on "Waiting for reboot" and the Vista machine says it's successful even though it does nothing at all. What the hell is going on?
    Could I please request a live session with someone who knows exactly how to do this from start to finish, including all the proper files?
  4. Arkaniad

Arkaniad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    re:

On mac, i unplugged and replugged the iPod. Idunno, i just had the impulse to do that. Screen flashed white and everything worked A-OK.

Cheers
  5. CheshireMac

CheshireMac New Member

So you unplug and replug when it gets stuck at "waiting for reboot"? And that seems to kick it off again? Thanks.
  6. indiemarx

indiemarx New Member

Lol it really works!
  7. CheshireMac

CheshireMac New Member

Mission Complete! Finally, after so much struggle, I've jailbroken a 2g iPod touch with 3.0 . . . I had to do it with a Mac, but I did it. Also, on this last attempt, it ran seamlessly. No unplugging required. Seems like the friggin' thing just gave up and sold it's soul to Open Source. Woot!!
    Thank you all for your help.