Has anyone else noticed that the "music videos" category doesn't really work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GrimmGreen, Nov 24, 2007.

1. GrimmGreen

GrimmGreen New Member

so i have a few music videos on my iPod Touch , and i got sick of them appearing in the "MOVIES" category so i decided to put them into the " MUSIC VIDEO " category and now they are in the Music section as opposed to the Videos section , and that doesn't really bother me , but what does bother me is that when they are selected it plays the music from the video but not the video itself. is there a work around to this , or am i stuck with my music videos in the "MOVIES" category?

(also i searched and found nothing on the subject)
  2. Darrell

Darrell New Member

I haven't actually tried this. While your iPod is connected to iTunes, highlight your iPod then the music tab. At the bottom, there's a tickbox "Include music videos". Try unselecting that and see if it works.
  3. kevio

kevio New Member

Not sure if this is what you did but in iTunes go to Movies. Then right click on the video you want to make a Music Video and select Get Info. Then go to the Video tab. For Video Kind put Music Video. Make sure the Music Videos smart playlist is selected in the Music tab for your iPod before syncing. I'm pretty sure you have to have the Include Music Videos selected at the bottom as well.
  4. GrimmGreen

GrimmGreen New Member

the problem with this is that i manage my music manually , nothing is synced except for photos
  5. Paintball

Paintball New Member

I had the same problem. What you want to do is make sure you fill out all of the info for the music video. That includes the album and artist. just put n/a or something if you don't know. That should make a new section for music videos. And it only groups an artists songs together if there are three or more videos.
  6. Rawd

Rawd New Member

When I bought an album through i-tunes that included videos, they went into "music videos"
  7. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

I had that problem and fixed it. You have to make sure the info is all correct and then it will show up.
  8. Rdude

Rdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I had the same problem with tv shows, how do you fix that?
    please pm me with instructions.