Has Anyone Else had this issue?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by darkslde, Jan 12, 2008.

1. darkslde

darkslde New Member

I have been noticing this on my ipod touch. Some music I bring over to it ends up having issues by what looks like random parts of the song, it will stop any audio and then the IPOD just goes to another song. So say this occurs at 2:44 in the song, at 2:45 if I move the slider bar it will play the rest, but if it hits 2:44 sound shuts off until it goes to another song. I know its not the song because I played it in Itunes and it was fine. I also then deleted the song from my Ipod, and re transfered it now for this one song it doesn't do it anymore.

If Anyone else has this issue, please let me know and if there is a solution.

And yes this is jailbroken so if you know of any apps that could cause this issue (which I doubt its that) let me know

Thanks.
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    First, I'd try to resnyc the album.

If that doesn't work, I'd try re-ripping the album (if it's by from the itunes store or somewhere else).
  3. EmeraldICE

EmeraldICE New Member

4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Yeah, I have one song that does that, right at the 0:02 mark. Retransferring straight didn't help. I found that tou can either:

- Right-click on the song and select "Convert to AAC" and then retransfer it to your iPod.

- Stream it back out to WAV (use Winamp and the DiskWriter plugin) and then re-encode it to MP3 (LAME+RazorLame work great).

Either way it works fine.
  5. sharkie545

sharkie545 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    tht has happened to me it pissed me off i was listening to an audiobook and the it just skips it to the next chapter but then i downgraded to 1.1.1 and stay on it with jailbreak and i never got the prob again
  6. darkslde

darkslde New Member

Ok Ill try, converting it to AAC in iTunes, but besides that, these were all ripped into m4a's. Do not know if that matters or not. And after reading the following post "http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=215968" could it be vista? I guess I can try doing all this on Windows XP, I dual boot so I can attempt that.

Thanks again
  7. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

It did this with things I bought off of the iTunes store. I paid money for a few albums and movies that don't even play correctly. I think thats complete BS and I should get a full refund for something that's not my fault, I paid money for a defective file.
  8. darkslde

darkslde New Member

I do not know about your case, but if it plays correctly on Itunes on your computer the file isn't defective. But after xfering all my songs back on through XP so far so good. Think I went through 20/606 songs, so ill keep this updated if I ever finish all the songs.
  9. David Smith

David Smith New Member

Yep I have had this problem too.
    I have had it on songs (3-4 mins in length) but especially on audiobooks where chapters are much longer.
    As you say the exact same song /book plays ok in Itunes but when synced to the Touch it has this problem.
    Re-ripping the song is not going to help is it, as the file must be ok for Itunes to play it.
    The only thing it can be is in the copy process over to the Touch.

Deleting and resynching the missing song (I don't auto synch my entire library) seems to sort it out.

My conclusion is that this seems to happen when I am either moving lots of files over to the Touch e.g. when you first do the sync or moving a smaller number of very large files.
    ITunes seems to corrupt the file in someway.

So remove affected files and resync them again seems to be the answer!!