Has anyone connected a 1.1.2 JB Touch with iTunes 7.6?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by hansolos, Jan 18, 2008.

1. hansolos

hansolos New Member

Just wondering if anything bad happens after you upgrade iTunes to 7.6 and try to sync a 1.1.2 JB touch.
  2. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

I synced my Jailbroken 1.1.1 iTouch through iTunes 7.6. You have nothing to worry about, iTunes won't brick your ipod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. d3niz

d3niz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i synced my JB 1.1.2 and it works fine..
  4. Kampfsalat

Kampfsalat New Member

Works perfect, just like before..
  5. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Yes, it works just fine. However, note that iTunes 7.6 breaks the OktoPrep hack, so before you upgrade from 7.5 (or whatever it is), make a copy of the iTunes Library Database, which is found in the root of the iTunes folder of your Music/My Music folder, in case you need to re-jailbreak your iPod in the future, by downgrading to iTunes 7.5; when you update iTunes, a new Library version is created, which is incompatible with previous iTunes versions.

In Vista:
    C:\Users\[Your Username]\Music\iTunes\iTunes Library.itl

In XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Library.itl
  6. TigrShrk

TigrShrk New Member

And what if you didn't backup the iTune database prior to upgrading to 7.6? If the upgrade broke my OktoPrep hack, what does that mean?
  7. x6blues

x6blues New Member

u should be able to google itunes 7.5 and download it through a [PIRACY.rs] link or file front. this should work if u ever run into any problems and need to jb ur ipod again
  8. silver99

silver99 New Member

I hooked up my JP 1.1.2 to iTunes 7.6. Then I upgraded directly to 1.1.3 and then directly bought the $20 software package.

2 things were cool:

1) no problems at all (even with a JB Touch)

2) After purchasing the apps - it actually remembered my preferences from my JB apps (i.e. email accounts, map info, notes, weather places, etc.)

It's harmless (minus spending $20) but I think its going to be worth it. Jailbreaking was fun for awhile but now am looking forward to the paid apps coming out.

***One thing everyone has to remember, if you want to have a JB device, you will continually have to endure the hassles of re-Jailbreaking your device when new updates come out (and then resyncing all your content). Not my cup of tea. ***
  9. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I still have 7.5 and I'm waiting it out as long as I can.

If you don't want someone to "accidentally" update iTunes, disable the auto search for updates feature.
  10. 8gigaPodTouch

8gigaPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    me here, same as before, no problem, works fine.

JB 1.1.2 on iTunes 7.6

Please Register or Log in to view images