has anyone bought an iphone through o2 and not got a contract

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stabbyjoe12, Apr 20, 2008.

1. stabbyjoe12

stabbyjoe12 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    it says its activated through itunes
    so you choose a contract through there
    so im thinking of buying an iphone then just not getting the contract and using iiliberty to unlcok and activate it
    has anyone else done this?
    please let me know
  2. davy1566

davy1566 New Member

My wife got a iPhone through work, most firms online want up to £35 to unlock and activate an iphone.

A quick search on ebay revealed activating, unlocking & jailbreak software which I bought for £4.

I worked fantastic on the iPhone and I was also able to jailbreak my Touch.

Davy

ps If I was you Id get a iPhone....especially since they knocked £100 off the price.
  3. lefty83

lefty83 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I've bought myself an Iphone on friday at carphonewarehouse (oxford st.) for £169. All I did was walk in, pay and walk out again. No credit checks, no contract etc...so I came home an activated/jailbroke it with Ziphone and now im a happy Iphone user with a payg sim card.

My ipod touch just sold on ebay for just £20 less then what I paid for the Iphone. So not much loss there! u should definitly go for it while o2 / carphonewarehouse have the offer going on (£169 for the 8gb! can't miss out on that chance!).

Iphone rocks! Speakers! Phone! Camera! Smooth corners! and best of all, you can control the music via the headphones/mic button, so no more need to get the touch out of the pocket just to simply press pause or next song!