Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by kraussco, Nov 29, 2008.
Has anbody Linux installed ?
I am planning to, once I get a copy of the download cause by the time I woke up today it had gone down Please Register or Log in to view images
So IF YOU HAVE A COPY plz PM me plz yeah thanks Please Register or Log in to view images
And I will also put it on my server so others can download it!
Please Register or Log in to view images
I've got a few questions:
- Now that the Linux Kernel is ported to the iPhone, is there going to be a full GUI of a Linux distro?
- Or is it just the kernel and OpeniBoot that let you run other OS's?
- How long do you think it will take to have an GUI with the Linux kernel. With other words: when will you be able to "use" it?
- Or when will we be able to run Android on the iPhone?
- Which steps have to be made to make that (run Androind on iPhone)possible? Are those steps hard?
Thank you.Please Register or Log in to view images
A GUI istn´t the big problem.
The problem is that there´re no drivers neither for the touchscreen nor for WiFi nor for Sound
exactly if we had drivers for everything we would have ubuntu mobile on our devices by now
edit: by the way i do have linux installed and i find it fun to play with
What can you play with 0.o
There no such thing as Ubuntu Mobile Please Register or Log in to view images Ubuntu is desktop and server (i not recommend it for server :>) distro and KDE or Gnome and most likely even X it self is too heavy for iPhone.
but we got Android:
I have installed it. Just for something to do.
I found a mirror of the files on google just search for iphonelinux-demo.tar.gz and it is on one of the last results on the first page.
That's mine! Please Register or Log in to view images
Anyways I have a guide coming, stay tuned.
Separate names with a comma.