Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince, what did you think of it

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by et94, Jul 18, 2009.

1. et94

et94 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    what were you favorite parts, what did you not like etc.

well firstly i watched it at the cinemas and sadly i didn't think it lived up to my expectations but i'm watching it again might change my mind btw i do like harry potter got all the books and movies

my favorite part was .. hmm idk cant remember i think it is when ginny and harry are alone and ginny was feeding harry then ron came out of now where and sat in between them and said to harry do you want a pie? lol

i dont know what i dont like lol oh yeh i do how they cut so much stuff and also didnt really explain the stuff properly as usual as in they dont show the scenes i like from the book for long just a quick glance

theres other stuff i would like to say but i forgot

i just think the book is way better and the movie is dissapointing

oh and the scenes arent accurate as the book says it some ...for the people who love perfection

some parts were funny to =) good to see some humorous scenes actually lol'd a few times in the movie
  2. Chabara

Chabara Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i liked it; i thought it was definitely better than the fifth movie which was the worst imo

but i need to reread the book 'cos i didn't notice a lot that got cut in the movie

oh except for bellatrix etc coming to ron's house and setting it on fire, that was my least favorite bit right there
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Personaly i didnt like it.

He took out bits from the book which would have been good in the film.

*Spoiler below*

When the death eaters kill Dumbledore they have an epic battle at the end of the book which involves Bill Weasley (who wasnt even there) getting mauled by Fenrir Greyback, which is also in the next book, this means they will have to change the next film aswell.

Also, Harry just went downstairs when Dumbledore died, in the book he was imobilised by Dumbledore.

Because of their use of Felix Felicis, the members of Dumbledore's Army who fought in the battle were unharmed. However in the film, Harry drank all of the Felix Felicis which means there was none for the DA to use. Even though there was no battle..

I feel there could have been more emphasis on the half blood princes identity, like in the book. Harry didnt use the Levicorpus spell once in the film. In the film Harry spends most of his time loving off Giny without the deep guilt he feels in the book. Almost most of the book is Harry being in extreme guilt over the fact that he possibly likes his best friends sister, none of this is shown in the film.

I also thought that there was no main action point within the film, i know its kind of a "middle book/film" linking the 5th to the 7th but still, in the book there was an epic battle at the end which could have been a major part of the film and I think that if that was added, along with some CGI (not used much), then it would have been more exciting as a film to watch as it was a book to read. But "According to David Heyman, the Battle of the Lightning-Struck Tower was left out of the sixth film because, as there is another battle at Hogwarts (the actual Battle of Hogwarts) in the eighth film, they are trying to avoid repetition."
  4. Chuch

Chuch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I love it.... espeically Ginny...shes so hawt.
  5. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    agreed, she's definitely grown up nicely.
  6. et94

et94 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeh its ridiculous how much stuff they cut off even dumbldores funeral theres loads more then that as well its pretty gay whole film is horcruxes and not much love is even shown
  7. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    i really did no like it... i think it gets worse and worse every time... i think they skipped out a lot of scenes and details (i didn't read the book, fortunately my speculations were confirmed by the post above) because i didn't understand much of it. i also didn't see the fluidity of the transition between scenes, its like they just put every scene in order not minding the relationship between each scenes
  8. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can't fit an entire novel into a two-and-a-half hour movie. It's impossible. There were loads and loads of details left out, but that's the case with every movie based on a book.

They're splitting the last into two separate movies, so I'm hoping they'll avoid the excessive omittance that a single film requires.
  9. roboticos

roboticos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The best films of the whole series, me thinks.
  10. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    yes, but i think they missed the parts that were relevant... for me, I wouldn't bother making a movie that wouldn't make much sense to the audience.. If a certain part/detail is relevant to a critical scene, it should be included. anyway why would you settle for two and a half hour movie? Is it because of those short-term memory people have or attention or whatever?