Hardware upgrades

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ProfLonghair, May 31, 2009.

1. ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm currently a Zune user, and am thinking of making a switch to the iPod Touch. I like the higher resolution and battery life, since I watch movies on my Zune.

HOWEVER

32GB just ain't gonna be enough. Right now, I have >23GB of music, and a 2 hour movie is roughly 1.5GB. Is there any way to upgrade the memory? I am not at all afraid of opening it or any of that stuff. I've modded all kinds of other things, all legally (AFAIK, anyway) and I don't mind ditching the warranty, and I don't mind spending some green.

So, can I upgrade the memory or battery? I've had a hard time finding anything via Google (it looks like there are 3 articles on this, all of which say nothing, and are copied to about 3 bazillion other places.)
  2. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    just wait for the new ipod touch and zune hd and then make your choice
  3. Turbonoodle

Turbonoodle New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Convert your movies to smaller size dude. You dont need 1.5 gb on a 3,5inch screen. :/
  4. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    23+1.5= 24.5?

I don't see a problem here, still 7.5GB...
  5. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    You cannot upgrade the memory on the touch, while idk about the battery.

Since you a zune user just google Zune HD and get one of those?
  6. ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Problem is, my Zune is about worn out. Those aren't coming out until Fall, right?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    which means about 6 movies or so, and I add up to .5GB per month in music (tho usually less). Problem is, I never know in advance what I feel like, both in movies or music, or otherwise I'd cut down. There are days where I want to watch Godfather in the morning, and listen to country in the afternoon, or Classical in the morn followed by Star Wars, etc. That's why the 80GB (or 120GB, if I stick with Zune) is so attractive. However, I wear out the battery practically daily, which is why I like the longer battery life of the iTouch.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I'm a real picky snob. At lower res, at least on the Zune, the jaggies and screen door effect get more noticeable. Also why my music is so large, I rip at 256Kbs because I can hear a difference. I worked my touchas off to get to where I don't have to compromise on anything and can afford the best. Now, if someone can tell me that you don't notice downrezzed on the iTouch, that's a different story.
  7. On an iPod Touch movies can be way smaller and still look completely fine so definitely don't need 1.5GB for it.
  8. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    U can always add and remove movies via itunes so movies on your ipod are always fluctuating.if you want 2 c a movie put it on ur ipod and if you don;t have anoff space just remove it and out a different movie.good stratagy
  9. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah. btw nice spelling waffe2jazz.

And what does AFAIK mean?
  10. ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    As
    Far