Hardware Repair

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TooGoodAtCOD4, Sep 6, 2009.

1. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    First off, I like to think I'm an electronically savvy person. I would like to know if anyone on here knows of some forums or website in general that has quite a bit of "How to" info for hardware repair for either ipods or the iphone. I've found several places to get parts from, just need some sort of manual or pictures of how they're assembled.

Before you say it, this is for my own knowledge and interest in the devices and I don't give a damn that Apple can do anything I want to learn to do for me. It's for my own benefit. SO, any direction or links anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. I have built a lot of things from car motors to pc's from scratch with just a manual so I'm not worried about the technicalities. I can read about them.

Thanks!

TooGoodAtCOD4
  2. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Really???? No one on here fixes their ipods themselves or has ever taken theirs apart??? Well boo. I will be the first then.
  3. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

4. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks for being the only one to reply.... but that site was pretty easily found already before you gave me the link.
  5. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Search on YouTube. There's a ton of vidoes from replacing the glass to changing the battery. There's one 2 part video that's very detailed on how to take the touch apart...
  6. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I appreciate it, i've found a wealth of info since this thread was opened. YouTube had some good stuff for sure.
  7. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hmm if you found some nice dissamply videos for the iPod Touch 2G would you be so nice and link them? All i find is iPod Touch 1st gen ones.