Hardware fail?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Todd200, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Todd200

Todd200 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm on iPod touch 2g running 4.0.2 jailbroken with redsn0w, with verbose enabled. It used to be that every few months I'd experience this error but now it's happening more frequently. What happenes is that my iPod would flash a random color then reboot. Now with my verbose installed when this glitch occurs I see the verbose text overlay on what app I'm in and a lot of 0s and 1s streaming in the bottom. I was wondering if this is some kind of glitch with my springboard, and bad NAND block or just a random hardware fail. But it's happening more now, anyone have any ideas of causes or if anyone has experienced it?
  2. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    restore and see if it is fixed.
  3. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Don't worry The same thing happen to me like 3 or 4 times
    Last time while paying Minigore (with 3rd gen effects enabled), the exact same thing as you described happened to me (i have verbose boot as well) I think its just an Open GL driver bug or an application engine bug , nothing to worry about really, since some games (asphalt 5, nfs shift, etc) are developed using to APIs GL 1.0 and GL 2.0, perhaps our GL 1.0 capable device accidentally enter GL 2.0 mode which would cause the random reboot you described.
  4. Todd200

Todd200 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've restored countless times since I got my iPod. And it's good to hear I'm not the only on with this problem. Thx

Please Register or Log in to view images