Hard time finding drivers for new mouse

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Ex-Touch, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

While at Five Below, we found a mouse from I-Concepts for $5 because my little brother's mouse ball is broke. The computer I tried using it on doesn't have Internet, so when I plugged it into the USB port, it couldn't find the drivers for it. (It says USB Human Interface Device, I think) So, I was wondering if I could get some help trying to find them. I'll list the information that's on the back of the mouse.

Device: Wired Optical Mouse
    Manufacturer: I-Concepts/Sakar
    Model Number: M81251-FIVE
    REF Number: PO090320004
    MID#0160409

It's a USB mouse. It contains a technical number on the box it came in, but I don't want to get involved with that. I doubt my parents want to either. I've looked at about 12 sites now, even Sakar's website.
  2. Tarthen

Tarthen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Theoretically, it shouldn't need drivers. There is a standard HID driver in every OS, I'm sure. Even my G9 and the Razor Mamba work without drivers (even the side buttons, in Linux and Windows).

Try restarting the PC and trying again, different USB slot, etc.
  3. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Windows 98 doesn't want to recognize it. Every time I plug it in, it's the same thing.
  4. randomdude1234

randomdude1234 Member

the reason is thats its 98. its to outdated but PM me and i will give you some valuable info.
  5. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Windows 98? Dude.....

Oh but it shouldn't need drivers it probably should be recognized as generic mouse or something like that.
  6. Tarthen

Tarthen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Waaaaait. Windows 98, there's your problem. Upgrade to a Linux distro or something.