Hard Drive of 15MB?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by pickles, Sep 14, 2008.

1. pickles

pickles New Member

Alright, so on my crappy old Gateway computer we used to have an old hardrive that had a load of crap on it. And it always kept locking up and what not. So we got a new one. However, today hooked it up and formatted it. However, it says the capacity of it is only 15MB.. I've formatted in DOS and in regular Windows XP. And when I open it there is absolutely nothing in it. The capacity of it is 15MB and thats how much free space is in it. Now I can't remember exactly how much space it had, but I think it had around 40GB. Is there like a program or something to fully erase this or something? I just want an extra hard drive to put stuff on.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. River

River New Member

Why not just format it with XP?

Or in DOS just do an FDISK clear everything out and repartition it.
  3. pickles

pickles New Member

See thats what I did, it still says 15MB..
  4. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    go into your bios and edit the settings to wat it says on the hard drive (sectors, heads, etc.)
  5. mitch88ell

mitch88ell New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There is a linux Distro called Darik's Boot and Nuke. It takes over night but it wipes the drive 7 times, fully erasing it. Here is the link: Click Here
  6. pickles

pickles New Member

Alright, think I fixed it. I had a partition of 15MB somehow.. And the other partition was a non-DOS partition and wasn't FAT or FAT32 applicable. So I deleted both, and am making a new partition as we speak.