Hard drive crashed, unable to resync iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by disdude, Mar 2, 2010.

1. disdude

disdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    My PCs hard drive crashed recently, and I lost everything that I didn't have on my backup, including my iPhone's backup. Now, when I try to sync with iTunes it wants to make a new iPhone, meaning I lose EVERYTHING. There has to be a way (hopefully without jailbreaking!) that I can get my stuff back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. tubes75

tubes75 New Member

Email apple and inform them of your situation, they will refresh all of your downloads, will prolly take a while to redownload. I've done this twice and apple was very helpfull and allowed me to redownload everything even from several years back
  3. .Pandora.

.Pandora. Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    tubes75's suggestion only applies to PURCHASED CONTENT FROM THE APPLE STORE. Any other things will have to be downloaded manually, hand by hand. However, if you wouldn't mind jailbreaking, you can jailbreak with blackra1n (doesn't delete content on phone). Then you could download a backup app or something. Not sure on any backup apps out there so I'll leave that to you.
  4. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    i think TuneAid works with unjailbroken iPhones/iPods, but has a 14 day trial.