Hard Choice...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LovesToTouch, Dec 16, 2008.

1. LovesToTouch

LovesToTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So, bestbuy has a 2 deals going on right now both that interest my needs,

The first being a 8gb ipod touch 2g comming with a free 50 dollar gift card and a spore game card.

The second being a 16gb ipod touch 1g for the low price of 229.99.

Now, im getting one of these on Saturday and im kinda stuck in between the two, The 16gb can be jailbroken and is like 70 dollars cheaper then a normal 16 gb, But the 8gb is a 2nd gen which can hopefully be jailbroken in the future, but comes with a 50 dollar giftcard making it equal out to 180 dollars. Not to mention the 16gb has double the memory. But its also outdated and a little less pleasing to the eye. Either way im going with one of them. I don't really have a problem paying for apps but there are a few i know of i wouldn't mind getting on cydia that aren't int the app store.

What should i do guys? Is the 2g really that great? Should i go for the 1g forsure?
  2. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It matters how much you want jailbreak and how much memory you're going to use. If you really want jailbreak badly, and/or you have lots of music/videos/photos/apps you want to download, I would go for the 1G. But if you can wait for jailbreak and want to buy a lot of the great apps from the app store, you should go for 2G. I personally would go for the 1G because of the greater space and jailbreak.
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It depends on how much space you will use up.

I'd go for the 2G with 50$ Gift Card (assuming it's iTunes?) and free Spore.

Since the 3G Unlock is scheduled to be released pretty soon, you can expect the iPhone Dev Team to start working on it a short while after. Don't let the whole jailbreak thing scare you or change your mind about anything, space is the only concern at this point.
  4. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    man go for the 2g with 50 bucks get yourself a nice case and an itunes giftcard and enjoy
  5. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

I personally would go for the $230 16 gig.
  6. technoboyy28

technoboyy28 New Member

Get the 2G. People run around here acting like if there's no jailbreak now there never will be one. Realize that right now, at this very moment, we have people working on it.

2G = Faster processor, better graphics, sleeker design, Built-in controls (Volume control on the side, better screen(opinion)) and cheaper.

1G = Slower processor, Slower graphics (not by that much though), Not expensive now, but it was when it was the primary generation, no controls built in.

Its all about what you really need/want. If your looking to play games, or anything slighty graphics intensive, newer hardware is the way to go.
  7. LovesToTouch

LovesToTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thanks for all the replys guys. We'll they have about 30 ipod touch frist gens left at my store, and are running pretty low on the 2nds So i think im going with the 1st due to the jailbreak and that i get a 16gb for the price of a 8gb. And you still get the spore game card too so free spore

Please Register or Log in to view images

The 8gb deal ends of saturday and I would've rather gone down on sunday anyway. So the 16gb ended out to be alot better.
  8. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I recommend what I seriously, always do to make a choice.

It goes something like this:

Eenie, minie, moe, grab a tiger by its toe. If it hollers let it go. My mommy told me to pick the very best one and you are IT.

I dead seriously use that at least 5 times a day using my right and left hand to symbolize to different choices.

EDIT: Or better idea.

Buy the 2G 8GB for $180 (w/ gift card) put it on eBay, make around $250 off it, then add $50 and you get a 16GB 2G, that will probably eventually be jailbroken.

DOUBLE EDIT:
    Or sell it, for $250, then add just $20 and get a NEW 16GB 2G off amazon.
  9. Germany

Germany Banned

I'd say get the 2g. The jailbreak will come eventually. The hardware is much nicer and includes great new features including the internal speaker. Sure, it has less memory but it looks and performs much better than the 1G.
  10. LovesToTouch

LovesToTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well i've decided on the 1g guys I don't really need external speakers. So im fine with it. I want to get a incase slider with it but I was watching a couple you tube reviews on it and some say it stratches the back of your ipod touch / iphone. What do you guys think?