Hanging on Unlock screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rockingcricket, Jan 2, 2008.

1. rockingcricket

rockingcricket New Member

I am having a problem with my itouch hanging on the 'slide to unlock' screen.
    I've had a look around the forum and can't find any help, but apologise if this has been covered before.

Here is what has happened:

I installed Catogories which resulted in me losing all of my icons.
    Through help at this fantastic forum I installed a downloaded copy of N45AP.plist
    This gave me access to my most of my icons again but not Customise, Safari, and Mail. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Customise but still it's icon didn't appear on my springboard.
    I thought a workaround the problem would be to update my pod to software version 1.1.2.
    The update appeared to go smoothly and I was greeted with the message which says to leave the pod connected for a further 15 seconds afterwhich it will appear in iTunes.
    Thats where I am stuck. The pod boots up, goes to the slide to unlock screen and then after a second the little spinning loading dial comes up. Then it just hangs.
    Holding down the power button does nothing. Holding the power AND the home button together does power off, but on rebooting I'm still left hanging.

Any ideas or help would be really appreciated?

Any ideas anyone?
    Please tell me a full restore is not my only ticket!

I'll count my blessings and return my touch to the store for a shiny new one. Maybe even upgrade it to a 16GB or perhaps be talked into a more functional Archos?
    Either way, thank you to ever f***er that didn't help. Up yours!
  2. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Dude, stop f***ing triple posting, i will not help you since you are such a ***

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. rockingcricket

rockingcricket New Member

26 mostly insulting posts? I think I'll pass on whatever help you think you're able to give. Now to return your typical low IQ american response, Faaaaag.
    Have a nice day!!
  4. CeeJay

CeeJay New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    tried to do a hard reset?
  5. cailean2k

cailean2k New Member

I think you need to learn some patience.

But I can understand how stressfull it is when things go wrong.

I think from the sounds of a full restore may be the only option.

I hop eyou manage to get things fixed
  6. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Swaring, and name calling eachother won't help. Cut it out or I'll close the thread.

Spin wheel issue means you left mobilemail setting stuff in there when you upgraded to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1. You better pray that you still have SSH access (IE: you installed it when you jailbroke the second time) because if you don't, then you have to restore and re-jailbreak.

If you still have SSH access, ssh in and delete this folder: /private/var/root/Library/Mail

Then, restart your device.
  7. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I don't understand your logic. You jailbreak your ipod, then encounter a problem WITH A THIRD PARTY APP, then take it to an apple store. Why would you do that. Don't you know jailbreaking voids the warranty?

Also, I don't appreciate the negative remark about "typical low IQ Americans"

You need to be more patient for a response.
  8. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

If Installer is able to open, install Dock, and open Customize from there. Unhide it.
  9. Lewisbcfc123

Lewisbcfc123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I got the same problem when i installed categories but i lost all of my icons.
    You guys got any ideas on what to do?
    Cheers
  10. serjen

serjen New Member

hey, this is the exact same thing that happened too me, what you have to do is plug it into the pc and do a complete system restore so that it gets rid of every file of the ipod, unfortunately u will have to downgrade to 1.1.1 jail break and then upgrade and jailbreak 1.1.2

I hoped this helped