hang on a sec...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by abakalad, Jul 31, 2009.

1. abakalad

abakalad Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    couldnt apple make it so that in their next touch there is a bootloader to choose android, as well as iphone os. I mean everyone was doubtful when apple made bootcamp and allowed microsofts os's to run. whats to say apple wont do this here. i know its a long shot but they could do it.... couldn't they?
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    No.

They won't make it.

And sure they could? Easily. The dev team made a bootloader able to choose between Linux and iPhone OS before.
  3. naf456

naf456 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    apple won't since it gives hackers a chance to install other OSes, What's wrong with the iPhone OS anyhow, it looks way better then android?
    when you say AnDriod, Don't you mean Windows Mobile. because bootcamp is to load windows, they could have the Exact same thing on the iPod 3GS, What i'm trying to say here is that theres more chance they'll install Windows Mobile, because since Andriod Has a Market Place in the OS, Apple will lose money on the App store.
  4. iamcanadian

iamcanadian New Member

Well Andriod imo is way more intuitive then the iPhone OS, i use both daily, but that my oppinion.

oppinions, aside, apple COULD(but wont) ship with a market placeless android, now sure people could hack there own marketplace in there, but the average person wouldent bother, just like you can steal from the appstore, but the average joe wouldent,

Now by no means am i saying apple will do this, cause thay wont. People seem to be under the impression that if people want something, but sont think apple will, that means apple is gonna do it.

Now on the other side, if apple did do this, it wont be on the 3G, i mean look how long it took for boot camp, and Apple computers, are alot less locked down then the iPhone OS, so back in the day you could run windows in OS X, even on PPC.

So basically, yes its possable, but it wont happen for generations to come if it were to happen.
  5. naf456

naf456 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    just tell the dev team. they can make the drivers from the old linux drivers and port it on the openiBoot, but the OpeniBoot doesn't work on the 2G iPod, 3G iPhone and the 3GS iphone, so the dev team will have to find a way in.
    But like i said, There is Nothing Wrong with the iPhoneOS, it does Exactly the same as Andriod. if you don't like the iPhone OS, Why did you buy a iPod/iPhone?

Why should Apple put Android on there iPhone/iPod?
    they don't need it.
    it's like Dual Booting Mac OSX 10.5.X with Windows. there's no need, they both do the same thing, just in Slitley different ways.
  6. iamcanadian

iamcanadian New Member

Well its not that i dont like the iPhone OS, i love it, but i also love andriod.

The reasons for Dual booting are:
    1.A nice change is good once in awhile
    2.Compatibility, Different OS are compatible with different things.
    3.Different feature sets, often one OS can do something the other can't.

Three good reasons,
    Why should apple put Android on there iPod/iPhone.
    Well theres really not a good reason, cause apple wont and shouldn't, but like i said if the did it wouldent be a bad selling point.
  7. Thingy*

Thingy* Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nah, i think it's fine like it is

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Dual booting would be very spiffy, but Apple will never officially implement it. It would ruin their whole (screwed up) app approval procedure. And Android is open source, which is great, but I don't think Apple will ever be caught dead with an open source project. Too much freedom for them to handle.
  9. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    No they wont as their so proud off their os !! If they didnt pass a google voice app why would they even think off doing this and anyway it would take to much space !!
  10. iamcanadian

iamcanadian New Member

Android's footprint on my phone is just over 200 mb...
    Fail.