Release Halo3 Brown Spartan Theme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by MaskedMagi, Dec 8, 2007.

1. MaskedMagi

MaskedMagi New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Here it is, the Brown Spartan Theme. I have been looking for the perfect Halo theme for aaaages (being a halo maniac) and although other themes were amazing, and far better than I could ever manage on photoshop, the best I could do was mix and match until I found my perfect combination. I was going to put a 'read me' file along with it, but I might as well put it here.

First off I take no credit for the icons the wallpaper or the battery images. I only made the slider icon and slider mask. The amazing battery images are simply negatives of zeroreal1ty's images from modmyifone.com.

READ ME!!

1.) Download SummerBoard from installer.app
    2.) Download the PlainJain theme for Summerboard and use it as the theme. (there are so many icons supported in this that your basically guaranteed to have matching icons!)
    3.) Download Customize.app
    4.) Select the option in Summerboard to turn theme wallpaper off.
    5.) Open up Halo3BrownTheme folder and send the wallpaper image to your photos through itunes. Set as background. It should now appear as both your unlock and normal background.
    6.) Open customize.app and set things out however you like. I chose to hide all icons as it just looks way better that way. You don't have to do that, but it takes away from the affect of the background.
    7.) Access your itouch via an ssh client (I use winscp).
    8.) Locate the relevant folders in the customize folder and copy the relevant stuff (slider icons, slider highlight mask, battery icons) into the relevant folders.
    9.) Select the newly updated battery images, slider icons e.t.c.
    10.) Obviously you can choose whatever text you want for the slider from the 'StringBoard Strings' section of customize.

Sorry if you knew all of this already but I only recently found out how to do this and I would have liked a step by step guide. It's probably a bit vague on some parts, but if you've done themes before then you should have no problems.

PREVIEW

Please Register or Log in to view images

DOWNLOAD HERE

http://www.[PIRACY.mf].com/?2lted8h2ndz

I've never posted a theme for anything before, and although technically a lot of this is 'mix'n'match' and not my own work, feedback would be appreciated

Thanks!

Masked Magi

Attached Files:

2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

all i have to say is WOW thats a damn good theme
  3. carvalho360

carvalho360 New Member

it needs diffeerent icons.. im personally not a fan of those, i saw them on another theme and i really disliked them...i think it was on of the plainjim whatever themes
  4. xALeXzx

xALeXzx Active Member

He iconns are good, and 5 icons on dock are enough for me.

But, i don't like the battery...
  5. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Really nice theme! I'm not a huge fan of Halo...But i'll definantly use this theme for a while.
  6. hypnotiza23

hypnotiza23 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that's incredible
  7. Roujax

Roujax New Member

thank you very much, looks great!
  8. RHK313

RHK313 Member

Almost perfect (Change the icons)
  9. MaskedMagi

MaskedMagi New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the comments guys. I'll see if I can work on some new icons sometime, though my PS skills aren't that great...

10. oO Wallace Oo

oO Wallace Oo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey Masked nice job on the theme,
    I have some pics that could make some good icons i.e. equipment icons and gamemode icons (slayer, juggarnaut and the like).
    If your interested give me a pm