Halo:Reach

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by hazardc0r3, Nov 23, 2009.

1. hazardc0r3

hazardc0r3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Anybody excited for the name Halo game Halo:Reach?
    I'm wondering if it'll be a big game that does just as well as Halo,2,and 3 because even with ODST ending up being a big game it just didn't do the same thing as all the others.
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's ages away before the release. Ask me again the day before.
  3. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well it's had 3 years of development and a totally new engine so I'm totally hyped to see what Bungie have done with their final Halo game this generation, but I can't really comment on anything beyond that considering it hasn't really been unveiled.
  4. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Where did it say it was a totally new engine? I think it could be the last fps in the halo franchise.
  5. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Bungie representatives have stated numerous times that Halo: Reach will be using a completely new engine. The Halo 3 engine is 4 years old and aged, it's fairly obvious that they wouldn't use it for a new 3-years-in-development title. Plus when asked after E3, "Uncharted 2 looks great, what 360 can we look forward to that compare graphically" Aaron Greenburg (Microsoft exec) said "Wait until you see Halo Reach".

In regards to it being the last Halo FPS, not a chance. Maybe the last of this generation. Maybe even Bungie's last, but Microsoft have put together a very strong first party Halo team, 343 Industries, to create new titles in the future
  6. hazardc0r3

hazardc0r3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The multiplayer beta comes out Fall 2010 right?
  7. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    If it's not on PC, I don't give a f***- how can you play an FPS with a joystick? CE was the best Halo, OF ALL TIME.
  8. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Spring 2010. The game itself comes out in Fall 2010.

Two Analogue sticks actually and it's fairly easy. It gives you the EXACT same range of motion as a keyboard and mouse, but on a smaller scale so speed and accuracy is somewhat decreased as you're aiming with your thumb rather than your whole hand with a mouse essentially acting as a giant analogue stick on a desk. The decreased accuracy is of no concern anyway as everybody you play with has the same disadvantage.
  9. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    But that depends how fast your fingers are with a joysick, i.e. if you were born and raised only using a mouse for FPS, you will obviously be better with a mouse than a joystick. As is the case with me. Some of us don't have the lightning thumbs some of console gamers have. I have lightning fingers, my thumbs are there for nothing.
  10. green_link

green_link New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)