Halo Reach Beta

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by SmexyPenguin18, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Anyone else get the beta early? If so send a friend request to SmexierPenguin, so we can play. BTW It's so fun

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. NayLoMo6C

NayLoMo6C New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Can you hook me up with the beta? I wanna play too
  3. ToXiC

ToXiC Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can I recover your account and download it?

4. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that dont work anymore
  5. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    How similar or different is it compared to Halo 3? Thinkin about buying ODST just to get this beta
  6. ToXiC

ToXiC Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok..... :/ I guess I'll wait until Monday or hopefully I get the e-mail from Bungie.
  7. Flea

Flea New Member

Device:
    iPad
    It's the same basics as H3, but it's a lot harder.
    It's harder to kill someone, but at the same time it's more fun.
    The pistol is soooooooo much better it's ridiculous. So much better that if I'm going to pick up a weapon I get rid of my AR and keep the pistol.
    The armor abilities are a nice add-on and add a cool dimension to the game.
    Overall, it's something you need to get used to. It's not radically different, but it's enough to change game-play, if that makes sense...
  8. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'd say it's the largest leap in Halo multiplayer yet. It's not like they just took the Halo 3 engine and added a few things like the abilities; they've fundamentally changed almost every underlying aspect from the way melee works, to how bullets physically fly through the air. The viewing angle is greater, the elites are pretty much rebuilt from the ground up with advantages and a purpose aside from just the visual difference.

And the abilities mix up the gameplay greatly. I was worried I'd find myself falling in love with one ability and using it constantly, but they're all so different it really depends on the situation and game type. The new weapons are great too, and the changes made to old weapons are largely for the better. I'm loving it so far but having not played Halo 3 in a few months I'm not doing too well, ha ha. Need to practice before the doors really open on Monday!
  9. Flea

Flea New Member

Device:
    iPad
    It is the largest leap, but that's because they haven't made a change like this in the past. I wouldn't say they're changed everything, but they've made enough to change game-play. I've only played covy slayer once so I don't really know how the elites play.

They screwed up the melee mechanic though. No matter how much shields they have left, even if it's just a sliver, if you melee them it gets rid of the shield, the damage doesn't continue over to their actual health. This makes a huge difference because you could be continually AR'ing them and then melee and it pretty much does nothing cause it just gets rid of their shield which you probably just weakened anyways... It's pretty frustrating.

And I pretty much only use the jet-pack... it's so much fun

10. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The elites are much faster and larger and they have evade which is very handy. I have no problem with the new melee mechanic, I think it solves more problems than it creates. If you haven't popped their shields yet, you shouldn't be going in to melee anyway. This system rewards skillful gunplay rather than players who just run towards people shooting frantically with little skill, looking to finish them off with a melee. Better to hold your ground, destroy their shield and then if they dare attempt a melee your better shooting ensures that you win, rather than "who can press fastest" melee spamming which was the result in Halo 3. A melee does level the playing field even if you've hurt them more, but the new system just requires different tactics -- destroy their shield if you want the upper hand.

As for the jet pack, it is the most fun but it also leaves you the most vulnerable. When you're in the air, you're a sitting duck. But used well, it can certainly help -- especially if you're wanting to get to flag positions on Swordbase during stockpile.