Halo ODST worth buying?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by The Baydestrian, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    What the title says. Please no PS3 Fanboy ranting or Halo sucks ranting.
    Take your b.s. elsewhere.

So to those that have it, worth purchasing? Firefight cool?
  2. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Hell yes.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    From the gist of it, you're paying 60 (Maybe even 110) dollars for:

• Halo maps that you've played from the other Halo games. Plus a few more.
    • Gears of War 2's Horde Mode (Firefight)*
    • 4 - 6 hours of Single Player Story.
    • 4 - 6 of the same hours of CO-OP Story.*
    • Voices of 3 of the members of Firefly and 1 from Battlestar (If you don't know what those two are, don't even bother)

*(That's if you forked over 50 dollars to Microsoft)

Just statin the facts.
  4. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    @Tesla

I don't have the Halo 3 maps...so it'd be about 6 new maps for me... so it's a plus for me
    I love Horde mode of any kind so another plus there...
    Xbox Live isn't an issue so there's another plus.

And 6 hours of gameplay is enough for me. It'll take me awhile since I dont play much cuz I have better things to do with my life lawl

Thanks for the info though. I'll probably get it.
  5. Akiyama Mio

Akiyama Mio Member

Halo 3: ODST is the latest piece of sh*t released from Bungie exclusively on the Xbox 360. It is nothing more than a half assed expansion of the very terrible Halo 3 game, and Bungie wants YOU to waste $60.00 on it. Bungie, along with all other game companies, tend to release expansions as full priced games because they are assholes and b*tches of Microsoft.

You play as an ODST soldier. A regular, plain old boring ass human with no spartan super powers. Sounds exciting, doesn't it? No over shields, you die easy, your a dime a dozen soldier, etc. Oh yea, the story line is also some random sh*t Bungie pulled out of their ass. It has absolutely nothing to do with the books or anything. They just wanted to make more money so they added a random story line before the events of Halo 3.

Halo 3: ODST runs off the same sh*tty engine that powered Halo 3. The graphics still suck and the controls are still outdated. Also, the HUD is retarded, giving you these stupid night vision mode goggles and other random stupid bullsh*t that is unnecessary in the Halo Universe. What ever happened to the good old flashlight like in Combat Evolved? The sounds are also sh*tty, replicating the annoying sounds of the covenant weapons, the annoying battle rifle, and the annoying covenant vehicles. Also, Halo 3: ODST re-uses alot of the generic, very OLD Halo theme song with a couple of new instruments added. Same sh*t as Halo Wars and the Halo FPS sequels.

Halo 3: ODST comes with all the maps the original Halo 3 came with plus all the sh*tty Halo 3 maps you already paid for. That's right, you're paying for the same sh*t twice. Let's not forget how crappy the Halo 3 maps were, either! Oh yea, but it does give you THREE NEW MAPS on top of the others, so you don't feel like a complete douchebag for wasting $60.00 on the same sh*t.

In all honesty, Halo 3: ODST is just a game to make you horny for Halo: Reach, the next very sh*tty game coming out from Bungie.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    stupid game
  7. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Constructive post was constructive.
  8. Duykur

Duykur Banned

OH.MY.GOD Tricia Helfer is voicing ODST????? This makes me want an xBox.
  9. dietchrist

dietchrist New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think it's worth renting and seeing how much you like firefight, that's all you really gain. Three hours of campaign and fire fight which I thought was sort of ruined since you can only invite friends to your games. I wasn't impressed but then I'm very picky. It does add the engineers in the story which will be nostalgic if your old enough to have been a Marathon addict.
  10. randomdude1234

randomdude1234 Member

id get it if it wasent so expensive...ill be fine if the mythic map pack gets free
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.