Hallelujah, I'm a n00b!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by NelC, Mar 4, 2008.

1. NelC

NelC New Member

Hi, I'm NelC and I am a n00b.

What's the state of play on the SDK? Has that been released yet? Do we really need to jailbreak if the developer's kit has been released? And which is the best forum to ask questions like this?

TTFN
  2. dima the great

dima the great New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well uh if you're serious about your questions and not joking...I got one thing to say advertising yourself as a n00b is a bit strange...

The answers to all your questions are on this very forum, it's just you have to use a little more calories than usual and make an extra click or two.

Good luck with your search, hope you don't get lost! (Note the word SEARCH, no I didn't use it randomly).j
  3. antispartan

antispartan New Member

welcome

i think it will be released soon like in a few days but i wouldn't get to excited all the sdk is is a set of tools for dev teams to use to make apps for the iphone or touch so even if it is released soon we will still need to wait for the apps to be developed(most of which we can already get from installer) then when they do come out we will have to pay for them. you posted in a good section, and by the way welcome to the forums.
  4. NelC

NelC New Member

What's so strange about calling yourself a n00b in an Introductions sub-forum? If I wasn't then I wouldn't need to introduce myself. And what's the problem with asking a question or two? If someone has the answer it's even more efficient than searching. Whereas posting a reply to say that you're not going to tell me seems highly inefficient....

Please Register or Log in to view images

I figured that with the SDK those apps that already exist could be converted (or whatever) fairly quickly, making the jailbreak procedure unnecessary. But I'm not technically-minded, so I could be missing something.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. antispartan

antispartan New Member

it might give the dev teams an easyer way to make apps and im sure they will find a way to make a use of it its just that most people think the sdk is some an installer like app from apple but its just a tool set
  6. dima the great

dima the great New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If every member on this forum (at the moment there are 279 members and 423 guests online) said they were a n00b and asked a question or two...this wouldn't be a forum. That's why for efficiency reasons in every major forum section there is a sticky answering the most common questions. There is one answering all questions about the SDK.
  7. NelC

NelC New Member

I'm sorry, I just don't understand where you're coming from. This is an introductions sub-forum, yes? What's it for if not for n00bs to introduce themselves? And you're still posting replies to tell me that you're not going to tell me anything? Why are you here? Do you know?
  8. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Congratulations on your 'noobiness' and welcome to the forums.
  9. NelC

NelC New Member

Hi, a113524c! Thank you for the welcome. I'm sure I'm going to love it here.