Hacks/patches for The Quest

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Merahk, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Merahk

Merahk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Kk, so I'm quite experienced with iPhone game hacking. I'm able to hack .plist and all hex like files. But I've encountered a problem for the game I love most: The Quest (by Redshift, published by Chillingo Ltd.). I did manage to find where the save files are located. They are situated in the directory 'Documents'. But the problem is that they are .pdb files. They are very big - I can't find the values for stats with my hex editor. Is anyone smart enough to create a stat hack for The Quest? I would really appreciate it, as I've been trying to hack it for a few months now...

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Mr.Funman

Mr.Funman Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    cant help ya, sorry </bump>
  3. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can't you use the find function in your hex editor? I'm not very good at the whole hex thing but my editor has just Ctrl+F that I can hit to open up a search box and find what I need once I have an idea of what that is.
  4. Merahk

Merahk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the problem is that more than 50 results pop up for specific values... and if one is changed that is not right, the game crashes

Please Register or Log in to view images

*edit:

Yay! Because of sageDieu's response, I started to realize that I could better start to look at some bigger values. Now I've found the offset for gold and xp! And underneath that were the stats present! Thanks! If anyone needs help with it, I'd be glad to help you out.

-Merahk
  5. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You're welcome I guess... I'll grab this game next time I'm on wifi. What kind of game is it? Like rpg adventure or rts or something?
  6. Spectre216

Spectre216 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the quest is like TES4: Oblivion but 2D and not as complex, but still good, with quite a few expansions.
  7. xxstevenxx

xxstevenxx New Member

what did you use to hack the quest game?

i am having trouble trying to find a proper program to open/edit iPod app files.
  8. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try not to bump old topics, make a new one if you have a question. To answer your question, I use HexWorkshop on my PC. It's very, very complicated if you don't know exactly what you're doing.
  9. Etaan5

Etaan5 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Merahk, where did you find the offset for the gold/exp etc? Can you please help me?
  10. blackphoenixpt

blackphoenixpt New Member

Hi. Please please please. I need help. I will not question you habilities of hacking but I'm lost. Really. It's about (you guessed prince of persia). I'm lost. I don't know where to look for. I managed to hack the Start() function and Prince is starting with 10 lives BUT if I change the level (1,2,3,...) instead of starting from the Main Menu, it's back to 3 lives (the original). I missed something. I want 10 lives for all levels and can't seem to trace all the calls from _OrigStrength_ptr. Can anyone at least point me to the direction. OBS: I just started with ARM a few days ago so don't be arrogant with me because I know that almost you all are advanced comparing to me. Hey! I'm tryng hard and very slow. lol. PS: Please help.