Hackintosh Question

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by ipodtouch1234, Jan 30, 2009.

1. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I was reading a thread on insanely mac about installing Leopard on my HP HDX 18t(great laptop). The Thread is here
    I know what disk to use, but I don't really understand the procedure presented by the thread. I don't understand when it says
    I understand that it says to partition my drive, but I don't understand the part about my master boot record.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    if I install leo with that disk on a partition of my drive, would I still be able to boot into vista without having to boot into leopard first? I don't want something to go wrong, ie have a working vista partition(that my computer came with) that works, but won't have an option to boot from it.
  2. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
  3. Vash01

Vash01 New Member

I know theres a way to have Windows and MAC OS on a Mac PC, it's a mixture of both.
  4. HckrSvn

HckrSvn Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Great! I have done this before.

First off, it is best to have a second hard drive to install OSX86 on. But if you don't have an extra HDD lying around (odds are you don't), then go ahead & partition. Also, go HERE for info on OSX86. If you have any more questions, just ask & I will respond on this thread.

~HckrSvn
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have not personally installed Leo (I installed Kalyway & tried iDeneb)

I will give you a tip: when installing CUSTOMIZE THE OPTIONS! I can not put any more emphasis on that. You must customize the install to your system, otherwise parts of your PC won't work (ex. Sound Card, Graphics Card, etc.)

~HckrSvn